Dinner on Ruby Tuesday, Jan 14/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness, no thread yet????????

I cooked Pad Krapow Moo again tonight. Mustn't let that nice Thai basil go to waste!

Really, those of you who have never tasted Thai basil, you should see if you can get some. It's in the same family but not that much like our Western basil. It has a unique licorice taste and otherwise tastes somewhat like Western basil.

I'm very lucky that I can get it in several Asian markets in the San Fernando Valley only about a dozen miles south of me. I'm down there at least once a week so I can resupply then.

Anyway my "moo" (pork) was good. This dish IMO requires 1-2 fried eggs sunny side up to make it perfect. And the best fried eggs is if you can get the edges really crispy, like use some extra oil and get it really hot and fry your egg then don't flip it, just serve it, liquid yolk and all.

We had grilled salmon (on the cedar boards), corn on the cob, and baked sweet potatoes.

I put lemon juice, fresh rosemary and cracked pepper on the salmon. We like our sweet potatoes with butter, a bit of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon.

With love,
~Cat

I had everything lined up to make a paella for my daughter but she has to stay late at school for drama, soooooo. I will keep the chicken in the fridger for butter chicken tomorrow night. We are going to make mini pizzas on Naan bread. I have some killer Italian sausage we made a while ago, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, black olives, cuttle fish, feta cheese. I will probably make up about 4 different ones 'cus they are only 8 inch rounds...
Deep fried the cuttlefish for a bit of an app. Naan bread makes decent pizza crusts.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 171
I made meatloaf and it turned out great, thanks to all the pointers I received on this forum. I think I am more successful when I make a smaller meatloaf (1-1/2 lb meat) than if I try a larger one. I think the next time I need a larger one I will make 2 smaller ones instead.

Tonight for dinner we will be having Fried Chicken Tenders but I'm not sure what will be going with them. I also have some homemade apple oatmeal in the crockpot for tomorrow mornings breakfast. And some Cinnamon Raisin Bread cooking in the bread maker.

The house smells lovely this afternoon!

Jessica, I don't know if Rock made his own naan, but it is widely available in most grocery stores. They usually have them where they would stock pita pockets.

Jessica, I don't know if Rock made his own naan, but it is widely available in most grocery stores. They usually have them where they would stock pita pockets.
CG is right. It is just Naan I bought at an Indian grocer. I find it works really well for mini pizzas because it is thick enough and very moist so it doesn't dry right out by the time the toppings are done and cheese is browned.

And thanks to your lovely photo and food styling Rock, a package of Stonefire Naan came home with me in my grocery bags. Pizza on the menu in the next week!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom