Dinner on Sunday 9th Dec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lettuce cups with a mixture of minced pork/chicken, diced water chestnuts, finely julienned (and short usually) carrot, and maybe something green. Chinese dish with all those flavours that go with it. Some serve it with hoisin sauce as well, some make it spicy with chilli and some just fragrant. Should have that mushy sort of mince texture like in (going out on a limb here as I have never had them) sloppy joes (well at least how I imagine they should feel on the tongue) with some crunchy bits. All wrapped up in a cool crisp iceberg lettuce leaf. Yummy!!

This is the recipe I posted for Goodweed with his cullinary challenge. Many variations available and no two cooks seem to do it the same.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/next-challenge-38492-5.html

Lettuce cups with a mixture of minced pork/chicken, diced water chestnuts, finely julienned (and short usually) carrot, and maybe something green. Chinese dish with all those flavours that go with it. Some serve it with hoisin sauce as well, some make it spicy with chilli and some just fragrant. Should have that mushy sort of mince texture like in (going out on a limb here as I have never had them) sloppy joes (well at least how I imagine they should feel on the tongue) with some crunchy bits. All wrapped up in a cool crisp iceberg lettuce leaf. Yummy!!

This is the recipe I posted for Goodweed with his cullinary challenge. Many variations available and no two cooks seem to do it the same.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/next-challenge-38492-5.html

I think I've had this once! It was at a Thai restaurant in Atlanta, GA. I forgot what they were called, but I loved them, the only addition was chopped peanuts and cilantro, so good!

Never had the Thai version. Next time I go to a Thai restaurant, think I will check it out. San Choy Bow is my favourite Chinese dish. (Cantonese maybe??)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom