Dinner on the 10th Day of Christmas (1/3/2015)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I saw no lords a leaping, but had steak, roasted okra, and salad!

What did the rest of you have?

Attachments

• 2015-01-03 17.52.15.jpg
    2015-01-03 17.52.15.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I had a massive jonesing for Cuban black beans and rice last night, but sadly, we were out of black beans. So in an effort to clean out the freezer, I threw together an interesting mix of kidney beans, garbanzos, Rotel, some frozen ham and some leftover frozen Spanish rice and frozen chopped onion. Cooked overnight in the crock pot with some other spices. Turned out pretty good, but I have enough left over to feed a small country.

It's just me, the football tv and Tacos Tonight. Actually, this is how I prefer to watch football. No interruptions and no small talk. And to prove I'm not totally anti-social, we'll get together with friends for tomorrow's games.

Last edited:
Arroz con Pollo tonight with a green salad.

I browned off some chicken thighs seasoned with Adobo, browned a cup of brown rice and onions in the fat, added a can of Rotel tomatoes with a can of chicken broth, seasoned with cumin, garlic and Mexican oregano, popped a lid on the skillet and finished in the oven for an hour.
Easy peasy.

Last edited:
I braved the falling snow to grill a couple of strip steaks. I roasted some red potatoes and a veggie and opened a beer to complete the meal.

What did the rest of you have?

That looks wonderful.

I had onions and crimini mushrooms (putting more than half in fridge for morning omelets or scrambled eggs), sauteed in bacon fat, added a bit of bacon back to the pan and then deglazed the pan with water, added a bag of "Mediterranean Blend" veggies. Yum, yum, yum! And enough leftover for a quick meal later this week.

Last edited:

Now that's my kind of dinner... and if I were a lord I would be leaping. :)

We had a mish-mash of leftovers tonight. I had bacon-wrapped chicken tenders with chipotle mayo and a side of ratatouille. I also had my first dessert in quite a while: low carb pumpkin cheesecake topped with whipped cream. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom