Dinner on the 19th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stopped at the grocery on the way home from the play and picked up some bratwurst patties that we'll grill and salad fixings. Lettuce, bacon bits, chopped ham, tomatoes, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, French fried onions, croutons.

Lotta rib steaks being cooked tonight :chef:
I'm doing the wing thing, just seasoned, no sauce.

We just finished Chicken Piccada with angel hair pasta on the side, and oven roasted broccoli with paper thin red onions and garlic slivers drizzled with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and sea salt.

Surf and Turf here! Our neighbor kindly brought us some fresh Dungeness crab today. it was delicious with grilled New York steak, wild rice medley and steamed green beans (from our garden)

Our local crab season just started, so we are looking forward to many more "crabby" meals!

Last edited:
after getting home from a great weekend here: www.edenresort.com in pennsylvania's amish country (i highly recommend the place. they upgraded us to an 1100 sq. ft. suite because our jr. suite wasn't ready by check-in time, plus we got 20% off our original rate :)), we wanted a simple and healthy meal at home tonight.

my boy decided he wanted to try his hand at making a stir fry, so i got the mise en place together and fry we did. into the wok went carrots, broccoli, garlic, shallots, zucchini, bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, chicken stock, butter, soy sauce, and cubed chicken breasts.

we had a packet of kikkoman brand "stir fry" mix in the cupboard which i wasn't too keen on using, but after some prompting from the family, i have to say that i was pleasently surprised by it. not bad at all.

dw made some deliciously rubbery thin chinese noodles to go along with the stir fry, and everything turned out really good. :chef:

after getting home from a great weekend here: www.edenresort.com in pennsylvania's amish country (i highly recommend the place. they upgraded us to an 1100 sq. ft. suite because our jr. suite wasn't ready by check-in time, plus we got 20% off our original rate :)), we wanted a simple and healthy meal at home tonight.

my boy decided he wanted to try his hand at making a stir fry, so i got the mise en place together and fry we did. into the wok went carrots, broccoli, garlic, shallots, zucchini, bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, chicken stock, butter, soy sauce, and cubed chicken breasts.

we had a packet of kikkoman brand "stir fry" mix in the cupboard which i wasn't too keen on using, but after some prompting from the family, i have to say that i was pleasently surprised by it. not bad at all.

dw made some deliciously rubbery thin chinese noodles to go along with the stir fry, and everything turned out really good. :chef:
It doesn't sound like it will be too long before the boy will be giving you a run for your money in the kitchen!

Glad to hear you had a great weekend away Tom and well done to your son for whipping up such a nice stir fry :)

Sounds like a great time, BT :)

I had leftover pulled pork, so I mixed it with some homemade salsa and Monterey Jack cheese and made quesadillas, topped with lime-salt-sugar-seasoned Greek yogurt, more salsa and homemade pickled red onion. I also made a quicky Mexican rice - sauteed some onion and garlic, added rice, 1-3/4 cups chicken broth, and 1/4 cup salsa, and simmered till done. Tasty :)

Attachments

• quesadillas-rice.jpg
    quesadillas-rice.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 215
aahh...this is my kind of food. I just love pulled pork!! Not something I get to eat at all in France unless I make it myself. That whole meal just sounds superb! Hope you enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom