Dinner on the 19th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we will be having some chicken schnitzels that Steve makes so well, with some baked potatoes filled with ham, cheese and sour cream :)

Today is another garden harvesting day. I imagine I will be eating corn-on-the-cob, tomatoes, sweet peppers. It will be a busy couple of days processing stuff before I go back out to the farm mid-week to get more stuff.

Leftovers for me tonight...on my own for the next week - time to cut down and maybe salads only for the week!

Right now the pan is ribeyes, baked potato and a salad. But I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet so stay tuned.

Sounds like a great dinner, Kylie!
I'm making chicken tostadas with pulled shredded chicken, refrained beans, jack cheese, pico de gallo and lettuce. Hoping there will be some leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

Tonight we're having Tuscan veggie sandwiches with grilled eggplant, red peppers, onions, basil, and goat cheese. I also have a ton of fresh tomatoes and cukes, which will make a nice salad.

Not too sure since I've spent the bulk of my day so far making a cake.

However, I do know that I'm going to toss some of our fresh Roma tomatoes, along with a mess of fresh basil and fresh mozzarella in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I should pick what we have of the Italian green beans, too. The rest? Probably some manner of chicken.

Pan fried salmon patties coated in panko for extra crispyness. I plan to make both white sauce and cocktail sauce, heavy on the horseradish.

Snooker ribs and Mac and cheese. Broccoli too. I made brownies too.

Grilled ribeyes, corn on the cob, and have to sneak in some tomatoes and cukes. We're drowning in them.

Last edited:
Dawgluver said:
Grilled ribeyes, corn on the cob, and have to sneak in some tomatoes and cukes. We're drowning in them.

You could send me some of those cukes! I just love em!!!

Sounds like a great dinner, Kylie!
I'm making chicken tostadas with pulled shredded chicken, refrained beans, jack cheese, pico de gallo and lettuce. Hoping there will be some leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

Thank you Deb :)

Eggplant Parmigiano-
One large eggplant, sliced breaded and fried in olive oil; alternately layered with 2 cups of home made (this morning) marinara sauce, thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and Locatelli Pecorino Romano with the top layer drizzled with some olive oil. Washed down with Cuvee Rouge.

Eggplant Parmigiano-
One large eggplant, sliced breaded and fried in olive oil; alternately layered with 2 cups of home made (this morning) marinara sauce, thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and Locatelli Pecorino Romano with the top layer drizzled with some olive oil. Washed down with Cuvee Rouge.

That sounds amazing Bill, thanks for sharing :)

chopper said:
You could send me some of those cukes! I just love em!!!

I have to slice and take a bite out of the middle slice, we've had some really nasty bitter ones. Pitched 5 today. Otherwise I'd be happy to send you a bunch!

Dawgluver said:
I have to slice and take a bite out of the middle slice, we've had some really nasty bitter ones. Pitched 5 today. Otherwise I'd be happy to send you a bunch!

Ok. I don't want bitter ones. :(. Too bad that happened. There is always next year.

Back
Top Bottom