Dinner on the first day of Oct. 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Ykies..October already. What's happening at your casa?

I"ll be smoking my brined pork loin on the gas barby today with my Vsmoker box. Here's the ready to go picture..more to come.

Attachments

• PA010011[1].jpg
    PA010011[1].jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 150
I think hot dogs. Bun toasted with butter, then American cheese melted on the bun under the broiler. Hot dogs cooked in my CI skillet, then topped with kimchi and Kewpie mayo.

I was going to have the last of the potato skins with hamburger and cheese in them (out of bacon). But I had those for lunch, soooo...I took out some London broil from the freezer to make oyster sauce beef on rice tonight. IF the meat thaws by then. We'll see what happens.

Laundry day so, a stop at Einsteins Bagels was in order.. :yum:

Tonight a light supper of bacon, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns..

Ross

I had a huge lunch (and still brought some home) at Rockfish Grill. I had Texas fish & chips -- fried catfish, with french fries and hushpuppies. A side of slaw instead of "mushy peas." :ermm:

It was very good, but way too much food. So, tonight it will be light grazing.

CD

I think hot dogs. Bun toasted with butter, then American cheese melted on the bun under the broiler. Hot dogs cooked in my CI skillet, then topped with kimchi and Kewpie mayo.
Smith’s no longer carries kimchi! So I guess it’ll be hot dogs with deli style mustard, Kewpie, chopped onions and a pickle.

Really good hot dogs, though. Kroger’s upscale store brand, “Private Selections,” or some such high falutin’ name. Made from 100% brisket.

Stuffed tomatoes (home grown) w/ricotta (homemade) chard (home grown), onion (home grown) filling, topped and surrounded with green pepper, onion, garlic (all home grown), sauce. I had to start planning this meal in february this year, lol.

Hello, this is Chef John from foodwishes.com wiiith picadillo. That's right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLReZVMRdw4&t=205s

I thought that the amount of cumin called for might be a little excessive, but it wasn't. Next time I might even add a little more. After all, I'm the tenspeed of my cumin seed.

Mrs. T said "do it again". Although I wouldn't put it in the company worthy category, it's great for us.

Hello, this is Chef John from foodwishes.com wiiith picadillo. That's right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLReZVMRdw4&t=205s

I thought that the amount of cumin called for might be a little excessive, but it wasn't. Next time I might even add a little more. After all, I'm the tenspeed of my cumin seed.

Mrs. T said "do it again". Although I wouldn't put it in the company worthy category, it's great for us.

I love Chef John too TS, and really like Picadillo. You might want to check out this thread from a couple years ago. I like golden raisins in ours.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/cuban-picadillo-96334.html

That Picadillo looks good, but I'm balking a little at the currants/raisons. :ermm:

That would be too much cumin for me -- I'm pretty sensitive to the taste of cumin, and always use less than what is called for.

CD

Made up some eggplant Parmesan with some left over meat sauce..I grilled some eggplant slices and layered them with the meat sauce and topped them with mozzerella. I had grilled a Portabello mushroom also..

Attachments

• 43007686_2108326162553114_5899315083464409088_n.jpg
    43007686_2108326162553114_5899315083464409088_n.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 145
Independent of this thread I had picadillo on the menu for this week.

Also, I still want to try it as an empanada filling.

Wonderful looking and sounding dinners. :yum:
I had a tray of bits and pieces of cheeses, olives, deviled eggs, crackers, artichoke hearts, salami, and sliced beets. Looking forward to a bowl of strawberry ice cream in a few.

I'm with you on cumin, casey. If I add it to a recipe, I use only 1/4 of what is called for or just pass the spice jar over the pan. Otherwise I end up with terrible "heartburn".

ten, I've had a jar of olives on my counter to remind me to make it soon. I've used this recipe for mine, and usually cut it in half unless I'm planning leftovers: Cuban-Style Picadillo.

Heading out Tuesday afternoon for the Berkshire Mountains to meet-up with OH friends. Cleaned out all of our leftovers. I'll be enjoying someone else's cooking the next couple of days - and, hopefully, not whining about how much better I can make it. :LOL:

I'm with you on cumin, casey. If I add it to a recipe, I use only 1/4 of what is called for or just pass the spice jar over the pan. Otherwise I end up with terrible "heartburn".

ten, I've had a jar of olives on my counter to remind me to make it soon. I've used this recipe for mine, and usually cut it in half unless I'm planning leftovers: Cuban-Style Picadillo.
Yep, that's the same recipe from my link I left CG. It's a good one.

I made grilled chicken cutlets with lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and dried oregano and rosemary from my garden. Served it with sautéed summer squash, zucchini and garden chocolate cherry tomatoes and herby, cheesy mini penne [emoji38]
1001182001a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom