Dinner on Thursday Dec 23 - what's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Can't believe I get to start this one! Dinner will be light here. Ken and I are both going out for lunches, Kate (Bugs) is working tonight and Madeleine will likely be doing yet another sleepover at her buddy's place. I'm thinking either appys or soup. I'll decide once I see what the day brings.

Pork here, too. And cabbage.
It just went on the smoker 30 minutes ago.

Attachments

• smoked pork & cabbage1.jpg
    smoked pork & cabbage1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 189
A little Bourbon......
A serving of rice.....
A little Creole Sauce on top....
A Fried Catfish Filet on top of that....
A little more Creole Sauce on top of it all.......
A little green Salad.......
A little bread.......
A lot of Chocolate Ice Cream........

I was just bad mouthing Anderson's Split Pea soup on another thread, so Kayelle's split pea soup is on the menu tonight. Got the ham hocks, and some extra ham in the freezer, grated carrot, onion, celery will go in too.
We love the stuff, with a dollop of sour cream and chives on the top. YUMM

Since I have rice left over from Beef and Broccoli, I took Red Beans out of the freezer. So Red Beans and Rice it is!! Alix's Lemon Cake. I subituted Fiori di Sicilia flavoring for the lemons. YUMMY!!!

Since I was accidentally a little too heavy-handed with the cayenne yesterday, and since I only made enough for one night (thank goodness--poor James!), I was planning to make a milder batch of chili tonight. We both decided that we would rather have something other than chili tonight though, so I am making a pot roast, with carrots, potatoes, and onions.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Barbara...be sure to add a pinch of Cayenne to the roast...it brings out the richness of the beef...It marries well with carrots, potatoes an onions too!! ;)

I've heard that adding lettuce to the pot will take some of the heat out of chili.
I'm not sure that will work after it's eaten though...
I feel for James.

Barbara...be sure to add a pinch of Cayenne to the roast...it brings out the richness of the beef...It marries well with carrots, potatoes an onions too!! ;)
:boxing:;) <---That is James's punchy face punching your winky face! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Good idea though!

Thanks Fred! The last time I made it too hot I just added more tomatoes and beans and extended it a little that way. I didn't have room in the refrigerator for a pot of chili though, so I only made enough for one meal.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom