Dinner on Thursday Oct 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zhi, you're the only other person besides my mom that i know of that uses turkey necks as the main protein in a meal.
at thanksgiving, my mom and i always shared the neck that everyone else overlooked.

nice wings, pac. now you've got me craving grilled buffalo wings.

we had takeout chinese tonight and ordered so much there's a lot of leftovers. veggie soup, boneless ribs, shrimp with snow peas, chicken and broccoli, chicken chow mein, kung pao chicken, and singapore mei fun.

I had found some pork ribs in the bottom of the freezer over the weekend, so last night was crock-pot ribs and kraut with carrots and mashed potatoes.

Dig in, VB :)

Attachments

• wings 10-27-11-2.jpg
    wings 10-27-11-2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 158
Thanks Jessica.
I never really timed them. An hour maybe? I know not less than an hour. I cook them indirect at about 400F and these were frozen when they went on. I check the temp with a thermapen in several spots (on several wings) and when it reads 160-170 I move them over the flame for a little bit. I like them to be about 180 when they are done.

pacanis said:
Thanks Jessica.
I never really timed them. An hour maybe? I know not less than an hour. I cook them indirect at about 400F and these were frozen when they went on. I check the temp with a thermapen in several spots (on several wings) and when it reads 160-170 I move them over the flame for a little bit. I like them to be about 180 when they are done.

Your very welcome! I've only cooked chicken wings on the grill once, and they were kinda juicy! Done but juicy so maybe next time if I cook them longer they'll taste better! Thanks

Thanks Jessica.

Do you buy/cook all drumettes or both wing sections? They look like all drumettes in the picture.

It was a mixed bag, Andy. I know I had some paddles in there somewhere... but looking at my first post it looks like only five. Yep, lot of drummies. Looks like next time I'll be getting a lot of flats.

It was a mixed bag, Andy. I know I had some paddles in there somewhere... but looking at my first post it looks like only five. Yep, lot of drummies. Looks like next time I'll be getting a lot of flats.

I don't usually cook wings on the grill. Do you always do them frozen for about an hour or do you sometimes cook the thawed? If so, same process for less time?

I don't usually cook wings on the grill. Do you always do them frozen for about an hour or do you sometimes cook the thawed? If so, same process for less time?

I usually grill the fresh ones now, but used to do frozen all the time. These wings last night were impromptu and bought at the town grocer one hour earlier. I won't touch their *fresh* poultry :shock:
Frozen is nice sometimes because the pieces are usually smaller than fresh, whole wings. Fresh also have a tendency to stick on the first flip just a little if you aren't careful. On the plus side, fresh hold the seasoning right away. Because fresh ones are usually larger I'm guessing they take about the same time, but I really don't pay attention to the time at all when I grill wings. I'm guessing anywhere between one and 1-1/2 hours. I probably ought to time myself one of these days.

Had boneless pork chops in mushroom, herb sauce with brown basmati rice, and steamed, mixed veg with garlic butter.

It's actually tastier with bone-in pork chops, but I had a whole, boneless pork tenderloin and cut the chops off of that.

Back
Top Bottom