Dinner on Thursday Oct 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CP pot roast, standard with the exception of a half cup of vermouth.

It's cold and raining and I wasn't hungry yet and hadn't a clue... so it's grilled wings. My goto dinner.

Cooking peppered steak. It's nice here today but I think tomorrow the highs suppose to be only 67. Think y'all just inspired me to cook some veggie soup and sweet cornbread tomorrow!

What's Cooking?

I made Turkey Neck Stew today. I love the meat. It's a nice strong turkey flavor and makes wonderful stock. I made it into a stew with a wonderful brown gravy. It's not really ready yet, I added some poultry seasoning and am resting/marinading/? overnight.

(We need a word for that.)

Tonight’s dinner will be leftover Zatarain’s yellow rice with mushrooms and onions with sliced/fried kielbasa.

I made Turkey Neck Stew today. I love the meat. It's a nice strong turkey flavor and makes wonderful stock. I made it into a stew with a wonderful brown gravy. It's not really ready yet, I added some poultry seasoning and am resting/marinading/? overnight.

(We need a word for that.)

Tonight’s dinner will be leftover Zatarain’s yellow rice with mushrooms and onions with sliced/fried kielbasa.

We always call it "marrying" the flavors in our family. I'm not sure where the expression came from.

I am a big fan of turkey necks and gizzards but, I liked them much better when they were inexpensive. It seems like "parts" have been discovered.:LOL:

My wings are on the grill cooking themselves, well seasoned with red pepper and black pepper. I think I'll go with a red hot/blue cheese sauce.

I have a split game hen, some russet potatoes, red onion, bell peppers, carrots, all seasoned with s/p, rosemary, marjoram, granulated garlic, XVOO, roasting in the oven. Wild Horse Pinot Noir (meh) to drink with dinner.

We always call it "marrying" the flavors in our family. I'm not sure where the expression came from.

I am a big fan of turkey necks and gizzards but, I liked them much better when they were inexpensive. It seems like "parts" have been discovered.:LOL:

I call it "Honeymooning".:LOL:

Marrying is good.

We're having miss mash tonight. Spent the whole afternoon at the mall working for Santa for my little ones so dinner is artichokes with either melted butter or mayo, sliced eggplant made into small pizza's and baked in the oven,some tomatoes chunked with evoo and vinegar and torta sourdough rolls cut and brushed with butter and garlic. Ice cream for dessert if we feel the need.
kades

Action shot.
Won't be long now.

Attachments

• wings 10-27-11-1.jpg
    wings 10-27-11-1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 148
Aunt Bea said:

When I was tending bar at a busy Mexican restaurant, the end of the night task was "marrying" the bottles. Meaning pouring the same brand of one bottle into another in order to reduce the large number of bottles.

Don't get me started. Oops, too late. ;)

Stores have discovered too many things. I checked the price of beef bones today: $4.99/kg ($2.25/lb). I can buy meat for less than that! Beef shanks: $9.99/kg! $4.50/lb). I thought the price of spare ribs was bad. I wish the "cheap" cuts wouldn't get popular. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom