Dinner plans 7/28/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Notice how I carefully avoided naming a potentially wrong day:)?

I am firing up the grill in a while. Will grill three items; some bratwurst to be served for dinner tonight with sauerkraut, a lone green chile to see how to roast my own chiles, even though DH cringed at the thought of harvesting so young a chile, and some pork tenderloin in a bulgogi marinade for tomorrow nights supper.

What's cooking at your place?

I haven't been feeling well today, so it's will be an easy dinner. We had beef tacos last night, so we'll have taco salad tonight with the leftover seasoned beef.

A friend posted an easy old fashioned cream of tomato soup recipe on FB, apparently it was quite popular in various restaurants back in the day. I'm giving that a shot. We also have some veggies and dips to clean up.

Last edited:
We're taking some finger sandwiches and wine in a picnic cooler to the Hollywood Bowl tonight. Got 4 free tickets from a friend for tonight's philharmonic concert. For free tickets I don't mind paying $20 for parking... :)))

The stuffed mushrooms I made a couple of nights ago were too salty. I saved the leftovers so I could doctor them up and make a better tasting meal out of them.

So, some tomato and rice and we should be good to go.

We are having quesadillas. Some will be with huitlacoche. This will be a first for us.:ohmy:

Shrimp salad with some ripe olives, cucumber and tomato slices on the side.

I made some low carb chocolate mousse for later and tossed half of it in the freezer to see if it gets rock hard or has a texture similar to ice cream. :yum: Research, research, research! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Tonight I decided to have crepes, so I made blueberry sauce, crepes w/wiped cream & crepes w/ cottage cheese both topped with berries & sauce.

img_1430296_0_84647fbfe319462007874cacdf6e510c.jpg

img_1430296_1_179400da5337c13076dd2c648889339c.jpg

img_1430296_2_2ecd781723be166850dcb05c85f76a5c.jpg

Joey, those both look mouth watering good.

Tonight we had grilled chicken kabobs marinated in a lemon garlic and tarragon sauce. Also sliced zukes marinated the same. And corn cobs and sliced cukes.

Those crepes look delicious Joey.

I marinated some strips of strip loin and stir fried it. I made a sauce by deglazing the pan with some dry vermouth, adding the marinade, reducing, and finally adding some cream (It was very, very good). I cut up some cooked baby potatoes and fried them. I served some leftover cucumber salad and nuked, frozen, corn niblets. That was quite good, even though neither of us liked the cucumber salad.

We had Moqueca tonight, which is a Brazilian seafood stew that uses coconut milk and seafood stock for the base. Best of all, it takes very little time to make.

img_1430318_0_80299f25edc2c0cf630d630db20e4c35.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful looking dinners guys! Steve, Moqueca is on my must-try list of dishes this autumn. I also plan on trying Bacalao. For now, with garage-sale prepping and garden-weeding, I'm falling back on TnT meals.

I wanted to make sausage-beans-and-collard-greens for supper. The store at the corner was out of their sale-priced fresh greens. Plan B was go out. We ended up at our favorite little Thai restaurant. Himself and I split an order of Golden Bags, then he had House Seafood Fried Rice, I had Pineapple Rice.

Back
Top Bottom