Dinner plans for Monday, January 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
I'm sitting here eating my crunchy peanut butter on raisin bread toast for breakfast and I'm already thinking about dinner....

I'm making a roast chicken with stuffing, yukon gold mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans and rolls with butter. It's my go-to comfort dinner on snowy days.

What are your plans?

I'm trying another newspaper recipe tonight - easy individual chicken pot pies cooked in little Le Creuset casserole dishes, using leftover chicken we cooked over the weekend. Maybe a green salad alongside.

I'm already thinking about dinner....I'm making a roast chicken with stuffing, yukon gold mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans and rolls with butter. It's my go-to comfort dinner on snowy days.
I'm making your dinner. I have all needed and it's an easy and comforting meal. Thanks for posting and letting me know what's for dinner tonight.
Gad dinner turned out good. I used Bucky's House seasoning on the top of the chicken that I'd oiled down with oregano olive oil, did it in my Romertopf with carrots though, underneath it, steaming away in that yummy juice.
Dh, whenever he gets home, is gonna love it.
So glad you posted this idea, that organic Von's bird was huge and juicy.
Actually used real heavy cream on the mashed pots, I'm allowed two bites, small ones:LOL:

Last edited:
The boy is having a grilled tuna steak with steamed broccoli and salad. I'm not sure what I'm having yet, maybe just soup again.

I fired up my smoker at 6:20 am this morning. I've got a pork picnic shoulder going right now. In about 40 minutes, I'm going to pull it out, wrap it up, and get it into a slow oven for another 4 hours. Once it's done, I'm going to pull it and make a Posole for dinner tonight. Hopefully I'll have a little extra left over so I can make some BBQ sandwiches, quesadillas, or enchiladas as well.

Sattie's duck made w ginger, soy and honey is my inspiration for a whole roasted chicken. Going to put a sliced orange in the cavity, and orange slices in the pan. Potato, mushroom, onion & gruyere gratin on the side - either steamed broc, snow peas or green salad. Depends on if I get to the market today & what fresh ingredients look good.

I fired up my smoker at 6:20 am this morning. I've got a pork picnic shoulder going right now. In about 40 minutes, I'm going to pull it out, wrap it up, and get it into a slow oven for another 4 hours. Once it's done, I'm going to pull it and make a Posole for dinner tonight. Hopefully I'll have a little extra left over so I can make some BBQ sandwiches, quesadillas, or enchiladas as well.

When's supper Allen?:LOL: And how do we get to your house--my goodness I'm salivating that sounds so good:ROFLMAO:

a couple area chefs are coming over for a cook fest as I got the kitchen for it...got catfish, duck breast, tomatoes, chard, some frying some sauteeing. obviously some sauce making will take place too. (perhaps some drinking..a touch of wine mayhaps)

Pork tenderloin, corn on the cob, tossed green salad, broccoli,onion and mushroom quick stir fry, and whole wheat rolls. Some watermelon for dessert. For the tenderloin I'm experimenting with adding some orange marmalade and Asian sweet chili sauce to some canned whole berry cranberries as a side sauce. So we'll see how that concoction goes. Darling daughter is coming home after spending nearly 2 weeks overseas so thought that she might like some comfort food--as she is 21 I also have some Fosters cooling in the fridge!!

No work today so you would think I would have created a culinary delight...not the case. Just oven chicken with bbq sauce, sweet potatoes and a veg (not sure what)

Back
Top Bottom