Dinner plans for tonight, Dec 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, Lefse, I was counting on you being somewhere warm today so I could live vicariously!:LOL:

I just started a big batch of soup in the crock pot. I'm not sure what you'd call it but it's a chicken-broth base and I put in leftover cooked chicken breast, carrots, onion, a can of chopped tomatoes and then a blend of dried yellow and greet split peas, brown and pink lentils, and white and wild rice. I'll serve it with salad (if either of us want salad in this cold weather!) and some of the crusty Italian bread I bought this morning. Maybe I'll turn that into some garlic bread....

4 large slices of pork belly brined and grilled with Mexican Rice, my wife is having Tomato soup (she had a tooth out today).

We defrosted a huge piece of springbok over the weekend (BIL went hunting a couple of months ago) so we now have to become creative as it looks like it's venison for the rest of the week. So tonight it's venison rolled with an onion,bacon,garlic,herb & nxaba filling barbequed on the fire (we South Africans - and especially DH - LOVES to barbeque :))

today to me is a typical soup day.
it's really cold here.
I may go to find lunch somewhere and if I do, it'll be soup if I have my wish.
the soups sound wonderful on here.

Dont know whats its called lol. But we're having halved baguettes, with the breading taken out, n stuffed with chicken tikka and green peppers and spring onion and a good handful of mozzerella. Its in the oven getting melted and crispy as I post. :eek:).

DH's office has arranged a demo tonight of a new planetarium they are trying to get funding for, for the local children's museum (he's an administrator in the science dept. of the local school system). It includes a finger-food reception, so we're going to have that. If we're still hungry, we can make ham sandwiches.

Made Ravioli in Mushroom-Walnut Cream Sauce for lunch. Dinner is still hours away.

Dont know whats its called lol. But we're having halved baguettes, with the breading taken out, n stuffed with chicken tikka and green peppers and spring onion and a good handful of mozzerella. Its in the oven getting melted and crispy as I post. :eek:).

Sounds so delicious! I haven't made chicken tikka in so long, I'll have to make it soon though.

Tonight I'm making fried chicken, mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

I'm still looking to be inspired. The weather was too ugly yesterday to get groceries. I have a homemade frozen shephard's pie, or meatballs. I guess I can't be that hungry if I can't decide!

YT's pork belly is looking real good, and I'd love to try the springbok!!!

I took a quart container of spaghetti sauce I made a couple of months ago. I made it with boneless country-style pork ribs, which made it really tasty. I'm thinking of turning it into some sort of pasta casserole. Have lots of pasta to choose from, so I'll let the pasta fairy guide me when I hit the kitchen later.

Chicken breasts flattened and rolled up with ham and Swiss cheese,
wild rice and acorn squash, if Paul makes it home in time for dinner.

I made chicken curry for hubby, and shrimp with assorted veggies for myself with some white rice.

the wind chill tonight here is quite heinous (they're claiming 50mph gusts), so i was cooking inside. the beefmasters around this place finally convinced me to try pan-searing and then finishing the steak in the oven:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/pan-seared-steak-40595.html
so that ribeye i've had in the deep freeze for a while got to come out tonight and really shine. big fresh baked potato coated in olive oil & sea salt, wrapped in foil & baked while oven was heating up, plus made some sauteed mushrooms & red onion in the frond from pan-searing the steak. just dreamy, even tho it was my first time doing this, so the steak was medium instead of rare.

Back
Top Bottom