Dinner plans for tonight, May 24th, Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Don't know if I'll be home or not for dinner but if I am, it'll be a home made pulled pork pizza from scratch. Last night we didn't do reruns. We went to Mexican. So from my ultra huge dinner, so much pulled pork left which is what I'll use.

So what are you doing for dinner?

No idea, not able to do much right now and DW will be tired by the time she gets home from work.. maybe just salads and sandwiches all around.

DH couldn't wait to smoke ribs for the first time, so they're about to go on. I made up a rub and refrigerated them for about 5 hours, we have hickory chips and apple cider, and the grill is just about ready.

I'm also going to make Southwestern potato salad, we got cole slaw for DH from a farmer's market, and I'll have a salad from the garden. I caught a little of "Simply Delicioso" on the Food Network today and was inspired to make the tequila chocolate mousse Ingrid whipped up, so that's my next chore. Also have fixin's for margaritas and thawed some pesto from last summer to make bruschetta with pesto and chopped romas.

Was trying to figure out what to do with the 1/2 roast chicken I have left over from the week and decided on Enchilladas.

Will also make rice and refried beans to have on the side.

Wanted soft shell crabs (they are sooooo in season right now!) but the fish monger was out:(. Instead got a dozen clams, a dozen mussels and a dozen wild shrimp. I'll make a fra diavlo sauce over cappelini. Not up for stinking out the house with the fish smell tonight, so I'll make the sauce outside on the grill,listening to jazz and drinking bourbon sidecars.

First course is caesar salad with fire toasted croutons.

I made a lemon custard pie for dessert.

We had our dinner : Pork chops,with roasted red potatoes, roasted vidalia onions. Hubby said it was a million dollar meal so I guess he liked it. ;)

left over pork. red potatoes in micro.
new york bread to which i added rosemary and grated cheese. will let u know how it came out.

cookies for dessert. lemon cake mix

babe

I'm home yeah! Dough is in bread machine doing its thing. Pork is out of the fridge and marrying garlic sauce. Onions are sauteeing and carmelizing away in rendered butter, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Can of garbanzos is out of the pantry, as is the can of pineapple chunks, the bell pepper is slice, the sauce is made, all I have to do is put it all together, when dh gets home from shooting range, top it with mucho cheese and bake it in the easy baker.

Sounds delish Lefs - tonight I grilled asparagus, garlic, portabella mushrooms and yellow squash, white and sweet potatoes, and a couple slabs of baby backs - yum - donuts for dessert - oink oink

Tonight's dinner was Basa Marsala and steamed vegetables. The Basa Marsala was an interesting idea (not mine) that worked out wonderfully.

burger king. we were traveling.
though my boardwalk fries with cheese compensated for that. sorta. i'm grabbin' fer straws, here.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom