Dinner plans for Tuesday, December 6th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shells, spent casings... ;)

I'm doing MsM's hot dog coins recipe. It should show up under New Posts. I know she started that thread today. I've got some dogs to use up and have wanted to try that one for a while. Should be nice and easy.
I hope you like it. Enjoy Pac!

Boneless Pork loin chop nicely seasoned and pan-fried in bacon fat, baby red & Yukon potatoes, quartered mushroom caps & onion seasoned and pan-fried in bacon fat, microwave steamed broccoli and red & green butter lettuce, raw broccoli, quartered mushroom caps, black olives and vine tomato tossed salad with homemade dressing.

img_1080458_0_79914e233a9f3117557fff7c2e4b2b08.jpg

msmofet said:
Boneless Pork loin chop nicely seasoned and pan-fried in bacon fat, baby red & Yukon potatoes, quartered mushroom caps & onion seasoned and pan-fried in bacon fat, microwave steamed broccoli and red & green butter lettuce, raw broccoli, quartered mushroom caps, black olives and vine tomato tossed salad with homemade dressing.

MM, we need to get you your own television show. Lovely!

Man, you've been on a serious salad kick lately, MSM.
Looks good.

I found this gorgeous hunk of oyster mushrooms yesterday. We made a dish with fresh spinach, the mushrooms and fresh, homemade fettucini. Oh was that great!:) Had a light salad first.

Craig

I found this gorgeous hunk of oyster mushrooms yesterday. We made a dish with fresh spinach, the mushrooms and fresh, homemade fettucini. Oh was that great!:) Had a light salad first.

Craig
WOW!! That sounds fantastic. I love fresh pasta, fresh spinach and mushrooms.

WOW!! That sounds fantastic. I love fresh pasta, fresh spinach and mushrooms.

The mushrooms were surely the star! Even as delicate a flavor as the oysters have, it came through! A little fresh thyme, garlic, white wine and pasta cooking liquid completed the sauce. Yum. Sometimes the simplist ingredients just hit it off.

Craig

The mushrooms were surely the star! Even as delicate a flavor as the oysters have, it came through! A little fresh thyme, garlic, white wine and pasta cooking liquid completed the sauce. Yum. Sometimes the simplist ingredients just hit it off.

Craig
Ever try any cream in the sauce?

I made "Maid Rite's" tonight. I had never had them and have wanted to try them since "Roseann" made them famous. I enjoyed them, but I don't see what all the hype is about. I am usually disappointed with anything that gets a lot of hype. I will probably turn the rest of the meat into something else, maybe taco meat or sloppy joes.

I made "Maid Rite's" tonight. I had never had them and have wanted to try them since "Roseann" made them famous. I enjoyed them, but I don't see what all the hype is about. I am usually disappointed with anything that gets a lot of hype. I will probably turn the rest of the meat into something else, maybe taco meat or sloppy joes.
What's a "Maid Rite"?

PattY1 said:

I hear ya, Patty. We live in the home of the Maid Rites. I had them once, 20 years or so ago, and found them REALLY salty, and did not see what all the fuss was about. I prefer my own sloppy joes.

I hear ya, Patty. We live in the home of the Maid Rites. I had them once, 20 years or so ago, and found them REALLY salty, and did not see what all the fuss was about. I prefer my own sloppy joes.
What are they?

I may have made them wrong. LOL

msmofet said:
What's a "Maid Rite"?

It's "loose meat on a bun". We have a number of franchises in Iowa. Ketchup, pickle, mustard, bun. Lots of dried minced onion in the filling, and apparently, lots of salt.

Last edited:
It's "loose meat on a bun". We have a number of franchises in Iowa and Illinois. Ketchup, pickle, bun. Lots of dried minced onion in the filling, and apparently, lots of salt.
The term "loose meat" doesn't sound appealing. What kind of meat? And just dried onion is in it? I think I will stick to sloppy joe's/whimpys.

Thank you for replying.

My version of turkey tetrazini. I've lived in IL for 10 years + now and have never seen loose meat, only heard about it watching Roseanne. One day .....

Back
Top Bottom