Dinner Plans for Wednesday the Fifth (9/5/18)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

...for a cookout. So I'll be cooking burgers on the grill. A side of cole slaw with accompany the burgers.

What are you planning, neighbor?

On Labor Day I did two humongous Rib Eyes in the SousVide, and finished off only one of them on the searing burner, refrigerating the second one that I'll be finishing off today. We'll be using the other two cooked artichokes for a repeat of the Labor Day dinner. I might bake some loaded spuds too. Now that's what I call some really great "leftovers"...

Last edited:
Pan fried ham steak and fluffy pancakes (made with whey strained from my homemade yogurt) topped with butter only.

I made chili from canned qt. ground beef, 2 qt. canned tomato sauce, one qt. canned pinto beans, 1 cup of onion, one red pepper and some spices. Then I made up some french bread with garlic butter and home made provolone. All for Dh to take on his trip up to the rendezvous where he'll be selling some traps.

I had a corn and bean cold salad, a potato/mushroom/onion/spinach and feta dish and later some whole grained toast with cheddar.

Another loaded up salad for dinner this afternoon. My intentions are good when I buy romaine, red lettuce, radishes, and a cucumber - then after a few days I get kind of tired of salads. Hate to waste produce, though. :ermm::LOL:

Pimento cheese burgers on pretzel buns. There was also supposed to be bacon, but I forgot to put it on mine. Pimento cheese and buns are homemade.

Attachments

• 2018-09-05 19.03.46.jpg
    2018-09-05 19.03.46.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 139
Pasta in a simple cheese sauce, with some steamed broccoli stirred in. I went a bit heavy on the cayenne, but it was good. I just had to lower the thermostat a little. :LOL:

CD

DH is at a conference overnight, so I got to have stuff I like that he doesn't. Fried green(ish) tomato with goat cheese-basil-caper sauce and an omelet.
0905182033b.jpg

...My intentions are good when I buy romaine, red lettuce, radishes, and a cucumber...Hate to waste produce, though.
Cut the romaine in half and grill it. Pan roast the radishes on the stove with a bit of butter and a splash of water or white wine. You're on your own when it comes to the red lettuce and cuke, though.

Today was also Be Late For Something Day - so here I am! [emoji38] Himself grilled up some plump and juicy chicken breasts. Sides were salad, corn, broccoli, and crushed red potatoes. We were going to have potato salad, but half the taters got too soft...

IMG_20180905_212311999.jpg

Cut the romaine in half and grill it. Pan roast the radishes on the stove with a bit of butter and a splash of water or white wine. You're on your own when it comes to the red lettuce and cuke, though.

Grilled Romain lettuce is great with nothing more than some oil and vinegar, fresh pepper and fresh grated Parmesiano-Reggiano.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom