Dinner Plans? Friday Sep. 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
c'mon mofet. do an andy warhol with the sauce cans.

lol, after recent brow exercising discussions, i laughed that you posted doctored canned sauce.

for shame. forrrr shaaaaaaaame!

can i have some? :mrgreen:

actually, after a day of moving things in the basement and laying and stretching carpeting, dw went to the gym so i just picked up lamb shanks over orzo from the parkway diner.

time to chow down.

I bought some canned sauce today. My second time, as the first time wasn't a pleasant experience, but that was on pasta. The recipe for Cincinnati chili I am making tomorrow (and resting for a day) called for a can of tomato sauce though, so I bought one. I figure with all the other ingredients it should work.

Steve is gone on a weekend mission with Civil Air Patrol, so I thought I'd invite myself to dinner with one of you. You all are the best cooks I know.
Wouldn't it be great if we could really have each other for dinner?

Actually I have a big beautiful thick loin pork chop with my name on it. I'm all inspired with the breaded pork chop thread, so it's "resting" in the fridge and then I'll double dip it in egg and Panko, and let it rest again. I'm thinking some pan gravy is in order and I'll do up some instant mashed potatoes since Steve hates them, and I think they're ok. Gotta have my green salad too.

Steve is gone on a weekend mission with Civil Air Patrol, so I thought I'd invite myself to dinner with one of you. You all are the best cooks I know.
Wouldn't it be great if we could really have each other for dinner?

Actually I have a big beautiful thick loin pork chop with my name on it. I'm all inspired with the breaded pork chop thread, so it's "resting" in the fridge and then I'll double dip it in egg and Panko, and let it rest again. I'm thinking some pan gravy is in order and I'll do up some instant mashed potatoes since Steve hates them, and I think they're ok. Gotta have my green salad too.

Shoot. I'd just like to have Bucky's take out services where I am! :LOL:

c'mon mofet. do an andy warhol with the sauce cans.

lol, after recent brow exercising discussions, i laughed that you posted doctored canned sauce.

for shame. forrrr shaaaaaaaame!

can i have some? :mrgreen:

actually, after a day of moving things in the basement and laying and stretching carpeting, dw went to the gym so i just picked up lamb shanks over orzo from the parkway diner.

time to chow down.
I like shoprite plain tomato sauce. I don't see much of a difference between a can of shoprite plain tomato sauce and a can of puree except the puree is more like mud. People have no problem using puree to make "homemade" sauce. I haven't bought any canned sauce but shoprite for years and the only other canned sauce was only once in awhile when the HUB bought Hunt's.

The stuffed shrooms and marinated onions, all wrapped with BACON, just went on the grill. Time to chill for a while and let indirect grilling do it's thing. I think I'll throw a few slices of some extra bacon on the grill, too, for my burgers.

Couldn't resist, DH brought home another little pork sirloin roast, so I stove top smoked it with an onion and jalapenos again last night and slow cooked it in beer today. Shredded and heated with a bit of bbq sauce. We've kinda been picking at it. Freezer pickles and beets. A repeat, but we really like it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom