Dinner Plans Friday the 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a corned beef defrosting in the sink. Not planning all the boiled veggies that usually go with CB. We'll have the CB and some sides. Plenty of leftover for sandwiches. Maybe some Reuben sandwiches later in the week.

DH is coming home tonight but is a bit under the weather with a kidney stone. (His first). He said he's not been very hungry and is drinking a lot hoping to pass it soon. There's a lot of meat loaf and macaroni and cheese left so we'll just heat that up when he gets home.

DH is coming home tonight but is a bit under the weather with a kidney stone. (His first). He said he's not been very hungry and is drinking a lot hoping to pass it soon. There's a lot of meat loaf and macaroni and cheese left so we'll just heat that up when he gets home.

Ouch, been there 3 dam times!!!

I have no idea. Been thinking about it all day, too. :huh: I might just get a small pizza from Pizza Factory - I like their artichoke heart and olive oil thin crust.

I have a corned beef defrosting in the sink. Not planning all the boiled veggies that usually go with CB. We'll have the CB and some sides. Plenty of leftover for sandwiches. Maybe some Reuben sandwiches later in the week.

I cooked two of them a few days ago Andy, and boy have we enjoyed them. Thought I'd have enough for CB hash but nixed that in favor of lots of sandwiches. If I hadn't cleaned out the freezer, they'd still be there.

I also found a big container of dressing from Thanksgiving. Tonight I'll bake that with some chicken and gravy on the top. Hey, I just remembered a package of fresh cranberries I also found in there. Cranberry sauce will be on the menu too. I'm glad I cleaned out the freezer......it's like found food!

Carl is grilling ham steaks, Mamma Belle is making cole slaw, Laki is making green beans and we're having a nice watermelon and some very nice peach ice cream for dessert!

With love,
~Cat

Sloppy joe's on sweet buns. A tuna mac salad. And a marinated cucumber salad.

A simple dinner tonight. Grilled kielbasa, homemade sauerkraut, and oven fries.

img_1365339_0_0e25bf03259f059e6dfe9b2218956291.jpg

A Cafe Yumm Hot and Jazzy bowl. (Only available in the PNW)
Maybe a small Dairy Queen malt---- to balance off the organic nutrition in the Yumm bowl.

I had a difficult day and DH just got back from a conference, so we ordered takeout from a Greek restaurant nearby. DH had stuffed bell peppers and I had their seasoned grilled wings with a Greek salad. Good stuff.

Really impressive photo Steve. You had the flash off with a window source of natural light, and uploaded to Photobucket, right?
Pretty close! We actually dined "al fresco" tonight, so natural light was in abundance. I agree it makes all the difference in the world with photos - the colors just seem to pop. :)

Last edited:
Pretty close! We actually dined "al fresco" tonight, so natural light was in abundance. I agree it makes all the difference in the world with photos - the colors just seem to pop. :)

Taking notes, my pics always look like crud. Your supper looks fab!

Great pic, Steve. That looks really tasty!

I changed my mind on the pizza. Searched through the freezer and decided on a Trader Joe's layered eggplant parmesan. They're really good. :yum: I so need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, I'm almost completely out of fresh fruits and veggies. That just won't do. :ohmy: :LOL:

Ugly but good tonight. A neighbor brought us some morels so I chicken fried them. Home fries w/ mushroom onion gravy and fresh WA asparagus on the side. Enough leftovers for a lovely fritatta or maybe risotto. Yay Spring!

img_1365371_0_8a0ee8fdf8841d6705420e0f16d441eb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom