Dinner Plans Monday June 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, isn't it just after 9pm on sunday for you?

ok, spill it. you must be excited to cook something. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
1023pm actually, just like to start things myself once in a blue moon. ;)

I'm actually looking for some ideas. The asparagus thing is sounding good. There will be chicken, asparagus and that's all I've figured out so far.

I will likely wait til after lunch to decide fully. I'm going out for sushi at lunch!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've got some Brussels sprouts that need used up. I have a small piece of tenderloin, too. Maybe I'll rub it with something and grill it.

We had roasted vegetable soup and I tried a new recipe for chickpea flatbread. Dh wasn't thrilled but he had his cold, it was very moreish out of the oven.

Well, I've shelved all the original plans I had for dinner. Woke up to a blustery awful and NASTY day outside. Going to put on a big pot of potato bacon chowder, and bake some fresh bread for dinner.

My oldest daughter is landscaping as a summer job this year. She is going to come home frozen, drenched and filthy. Hopefully that will turn her day around and let her know someone loves her.

hold up there a minute about that someone.

she has a boyfriend?

is he a landscaper?

does ken know?

i have a shovel, rope, and lime he can borrow. you know, standard issue in every car purchase in joisey.... :cool:

Last edited:
LMAO buckytom! My two angels are little girls no more. Bugs has finished her first year of post secondary on her way to Honors Psych and my youngest graduates high school next summer. They both saved up and bought their own vehicles, and they both have boyfriends. Ken rides the edge of sanity with the boyfriend thing, but a little Ativan in his morning juice seems to help! :ROFLMAO:

LMAO buckytom! My two angels are little girls no more. Bugs has finished her first year of post secondary on her way to Honors Psych and my youngest graduates high school next summer. They both saved up and bought their own vehicles, and they both have boyfriends. Ken rides the edge of sanity with the boyfriend thing, but a little Ativan in his morning juice seems to help! :ROFLMAO:

What does he get at 11 PM, waiting?

SO brought home a freebie box of whole wheat penne and asked if I'd eat it. I said it was worth a try and I would make a quick sauce to go with it for tonight's dinner.

I decided to make a puttanesca sauce w/o capers as I don't care for them. I'll sub some pickled pepperoncini bits instead.

I was sooooo busy yesterday, I totally forgot to start the dinner thread :LOL:

Last night we had a lovely Meatballs and Papperdelle god it was good :yum:

For the first time in what seems like weeks, it's actually sunny and warm. I decided to scrap an earlier roasted chicken idea and instead do it on the grill. We'll probably also have potatoes and asparagus.

DH took a group of teachers on a 3-day retreat/capstone event for a graduate class he teaches, and he brought home a lot of leftovers. One is a bag of already-cooked mixed seafood - shrimp, calamari, mussels and clams. I'm going to simmer them with some jazzed-up jarred pasta sauce and serve with fettuccine - an improvised frutti de mare (Italian fruit of the sea). Garlic bread and green salad on the side. I have Stinky's Lemon Icebox Pie in the fridge for dessert.

Oh drat. It's my first "official" day of summer vacation, and DH will expect something special.

Hmm. Thinking.

And coincidentally, DH just called. Hardee's Mushroom Swiss Burgers it is!

Last edited:
We're having Mexican tonight. I've got the beef browned and will spice it up shortly with flour tortillas, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese.

The taters are on the grill, the pork loin marinating in a dry rub that's making my nose run (almost) and that's about that. Dinner will be in about 35 minutes... or 50, whichever I feel like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom