Dinner plans, TGIF, 10/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some pork defrosting. I'm making pork stir-fry using the terriki create a meal. Which is basically just a bag of vegetables with a sauce packet. I usually get the szechuan, but I'd thought I'd try the Terriki one this week.

Tonight will be spaghetti with red clam sauce, salad and crusty garlic bread. Dessert, strawberry/cake dessert I made yesterday and haven't tried yet !

Last edited:
Ginger chicken salad was originally the plan, but with this cloudy rainy weather, I may have to go for Chili. I'll see how I feel on the drive home tonight.

Tourtiere and a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. And maybe some baby portabellas sautéed in butter and red wine or perhaps just some peas (or both!).

It's DH's birthday and I am taking him to The Gamekeeper. They also have a Chef's Choice menu that includes wine choices - that might be what we go for.

Wow, that place sounds great! I don’t know where I’d start! I’d probably go with the Elk first! The next visit would definitely be the Ostrich. I wish they had one of those here in my town!

I'm doing the closest to "no cook Friday" that I can do today...

meatballs in the slowcooker and fried rice. Easy meal for a 4 year old to enjoy,less work for me and moer time to spend with him!

I just threw together a basic baked pasta that I can pop in the oven later today. Nothing fancy, just pasta, browned ground turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and spaghetti sauce. We'll top it w/ some freshly grated parm at the table. It's good comfort food for a dreary day.:)

No cook friday here..We are going out to dinner and I have to admit, I'm looking forward to it...We just love going to this place, their fried chicken is heaven and that is right up my alley this friday:LOL:
kadesma

I have my fingers crossed that we are going out to dinner. This is our first weekend home in a long while. If I am cooking it won't be much!

Taking it easy tonight and throwing in a store bought rotisserie chicken into the oven, and will make mashed potatoes and broccoli for sides.

great evening tonight in SE VA ..
grilling some rib eyes .. grilled red potatoes ..
maybe a salad if we have the stuff ..

It's pretty easy, LEFSE and is out of one of Mabel Hoffman's books. It only involves a layer of ground beef, chopped onions, plain long-grain rice, corn, chopped green bell pepper, bacon bits, with a sauce of water, tomato sauce, garlic and chili powder. I'm doing this by memory, so not sure if I've remembered all the ingredients.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom