Dinner plans? Wed Feb 25/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
If we start this earlier maybe we'll get more hits. I'm going to be catching up with friends a couple of times today so I've planned to leave a dinner ready in the oven for my eventual return. We're having Rose's Party Chicken although Kayelle's recipe that I've linked has a different name. I'll also do a coleslaw and some rice to go with.

I'm currently defrosting some lamb leg pieces I'll use to make a lamb and okra stew I'll serve over rice.

Thanks Alix. I just stopped in while having lunch to see what's up.

For dinner I plan on using some of the soup broth to make gravy. Then add some of the veggies/ beef and heat. Maybe sprinkle in some thyme to freshen up the flavor. Make some mashed potatoes and make Cottage pie. Remind self to add some peas. While that bakes, portion out the remaining soup and freeze. Boy, last week I made a kettle of Calico beans. I thought that would never go away. There is a reason that casserole is best served at larger events. It was a good lesson to learn not to eat the same leftovers too many meals in a row. :LOL:

Last edited:
Oh thanks for the reminder Alix! I haven't made that delicious chicken recipe in a long time. You and I will have the same dinner tonight! I didn't have a clue what I'd be doing until now.
Hmm, your mention of okra got me to thinking Andy. I have some frozen whole okra and I wonder how it would be to tuck some of it in with the chicken?

Very glad you started this early in the day Alix!

Still trying to use what I have from the freezer. I found some meatballs in there so those are defrosting, and thinking I will have some steamed broccoli on the side, and some buttered egg noodles.

I have a new jar of Penzey's freeze dried shallots that I haven't tried yet (they smell wonderful!), and thought I would mix them with a little melted butter and drizzle that on the egg noodles.

Not sure yet. I may go spelunking in the freezer, though we do have some CP Italian roast beef in the fridge to use up.

I'm going to attempt to make a giant pizza bagel. The dough is on the rise. I just have to figure out how to flip it in boiling water!

I'm going to attempt to make a giant pizza bagel. The dough is on the rise. I just have to figure out how to flip it in boiling water!

I use chopsticks to turn my onion bagels but they are smaller than normal. Maybe you could try some broom handles for your giant pizza bagel.

I use chopsticks to turn my onion bagels but they are smaller than normal. Maybe you could try some broom handles for your giant pizza bagel.

I think I may have found the answer! A spider, 36" long & 9" wide.
img_1411157_0_10125dbf1e96371b6c25832ba7f993f9.jpg

Took a ham bone from the freezer and made a ham and navy bean soup. Made some homemade biscuits to go with it. Dessert was this marzipan pound cake that Rob bought a mix for, it's imported from Germany, it was VERY good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom