Dinner Plans Wednesday April 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! Survivor Night is sacred!

We will have Salad in a Bag. Throw lettuce, thawed peas, cottage cheese, any other leftovers, sunflower seeds, dressing, raisins, etc. in a container, keep in fridge, good for a couple days. Saves me from having to throw away those bags of lettuce that go unused. Prob a couple hb eggs on the side.

Last edited:
DH got home early so he got to choose. Bacon Cheeseburgers it is with peas on the side. I do have some chips and dip that may get pulled out as well.

Enchiladas tonight. I make the stuffing with leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco, some salsa and corn. Top it off with enchilada sauce from Trader Joe's.

Yes! Survivor Night is sacred!

We will have Salad in a Bag. Throw lettuce, thawed peas, cottage cheese, any other leftovers, sunflower seeds, dressing, raisins, etc. in a container, keep in fridge, good for a couple days. Saves me from having to throw away those bags of lettuce that go unused. Prob a couple hb eggs on the side.
Do you do the online chat at Twitter or Facebook with Jeff Probst? A few weeks ago he asked us if we allow talking in our house during Survivor. I said NO talking here during Survivor. I tell my husband to say whatever he wants to say quickly during the commercials! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We had pulled pork on buns and pasta salad. I put it in the crockpot before work, and a good thing I did! I was quite late getting home but all was ready. MMMMMMM!

Barbara L said:
Do you do the online chat at Twitter or Facebook with Jeff Probst? A few weeks ago he asked us if we allow talking in our house during Survivor. I said NO talking here during Survivor. I tell my husband to say whatever he wants to say quickly during the commercials! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Absolute silence. I always have to do the play-by-play the next day. If DH has something to say, as you tell your DH,it better be quick!

Gotta go, commercial's over!

I made miso soup with homemade dashi, it turned out fabulous. Also had leftover pork loin and salad from yesterday.

Zereh said:
I made miso soup with homemade dashi, it turned out fabulous. Also had leftover pork loin and salad from yesterday.

Recipe please? Got some miso paste, dashi perplexes me. Thanks!

:glare:Dud Dinner tonight......

Costco rotisserie chicken that I normally like, I didn't.
Mashed potatoes were too "loose".
Gravy was tasteless.
I knew the asparagus was past it's prime, but I roasted it anyway.

:yuk:

I'm making reservations tomorrow. :huh:

Last edited:
:glare:Dud Dinner tonight......

Costco rotisserie chicken that I normally like, I didn't.
Mashed potatoes were too "loose".
Gravy was tasteless.
I knew the asparagus was past it's prime, but I roasted it anyway.

:yuk:

I'm making reservations tomorrow. :huh:

Ummm, I have MY reservations about this...:LOL:

I'm eating at the hospital tomorrow, Shrek gets "forget me" meds. I'm not sure who is lucky...:ROFLMAO:

The weather forecast for today is sunny and 80 degrees so I'm planning burgers on the grill, coleslaw (made from my own cabbage), and beans.

Well I didn't get to making the coleslaw so I was just going to grill the burgers and heat up some bean. Mom called to say they were making good time and would be here in @ 30 minutes. So I needed to cook for 4 instead of 2. Ran to the store and got macaroni salad and potato salad and some hot dogs and buns and we had burgers, hot dogs, salads and beans.

I love this time of year, not too hot to stand over the grill. It was only 80 degrees! :)

I got busy and didn't get to make the meatloaf so I put together some quick grilled chicken salads.

I made a huge lasagna in a crackpot but cooked it in the oven w/foil on top. I layered it a way chef Anne Burrell showed on her fn show and it made it so easy to serve -- putting the ricotta cheese layer between two rows of noodles. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom