Dinner Sat. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Football half time-- thinking dinner- Fried chicken, roasted chicken , mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, and corn -- cake and ice cream ! - Go Blue !

Last edited by a moderator:
We're having sausage lentil soup and honey wheat rolls. Hubby is having rice pudding for dessert. He's been requesting some for awhile but none of the rest of us like it. Daughter is making it for him. The rest of us may have a baked apple.

Making long craved for veal-pork-beef meatballs and green beans in tomato sauce with potato mash:chef:

where's the drooling smiley? :ermm:
(sorry, but this is true comfort food for me)

Hades said:
Making long craved for veal-pork-beef meatballs and green beans in tomato sauce with potato mash:chef:

where's the drooling smiley? :ermm:
(sorry, but this is true comfort food for me)

southerncooker said:
We're having sausage lentil soup and honey wheat rolls. Hubby is having rice pudding for dessert. He's been requesting some for awhile but none of the rest of us like it. Daughter is making it for him. The rest of us may have a baked apple.

hope neither of you lives too far...........:LOL:

Okay, seriously though, last night I took the love of my life out to dinner, steak, baked pots, salad and wine. So the dinner we were doing last night, we'll do tonight. The steaks and salads and he's been requesting this dessert from a Mexican restaurant we frequent a lot so I'll do that for him, and those pomegranate Martini's that I didn't get last night, they'll be on the table tonight.

Last edited:
I bought myself a lobster for dinner, and with that Im having corn on the cob.

Today is the family Birthday dinner for our Cade who was 6 on thursday. We are having pulled bbq'd pork tenderloin and grilled tri-tip sammies, Middies, bacon,cheese stuffed bread, Marmalady's lemon pepper wings, potato and mac salad, a bowl of mixed fruit, some of the girls parmesan strips, baked beans, as you can see carbs galore:LOL: Sliced tomatoes,onions and avocado salad, and Ice cream cake for dessert. Ya hoooo, off to see our Cade,,
kadesma:LOL:

Tonight I am going out for dinner for either a steak or prime rib. The restaurant is in the Marina near the ocean and it has a great view of the channel.

I live in the San Fernando Valley and the Marina is about 45 minutes from my condo. There will be 4 women including myself.

Everyone have a great Saturday.

Jill and Jolie

The last 24 hours here have been miserable.:( Tornadoes, high winds, lots and lots of rain. Flash flooding has caused our county to issue a state of emergency and the fire department is now evacuating people from their flooded/flooding homes. I've poured 11 inches out of our rain gauge so far. It's still raining. Glad we live on a big hill. Tiime for some comfort food.

I had planned to fix a Polish sausage dish, but I think I'll change that to Polish sausage soup made with tomatoes, lentils, onions, carrots, celery, etc. My husband will want cornbread with that, so the cast-iron skillet will get a workout.

Pork and Noodle S...uh, uh, Stuff, yeah, that's it, Pork and Noodle Stuff :LOL: Casserole.

I'm not sure. PeppA bought some chicken legs for me to make fried chicken with, amongst other things, before she took off to Oklahoma for the week. She left me with $10 for gas.

[rant]

Now, at the end of the week, I find out the chicken legs WEREN'T the 4 lb bags of frozen legs that I'm used to getting, but a couple of smaller packages of half a dozen legs. AND, the oldest boy put them in the refrigerator, instead of the freezer. Said chicken legs now reek.

[/rant]

I did bring home some food from work, as the boss let me take home some stuff from afternoon break for the help. There's enough there for all of us, but I don't know if the boys will eat it.

Edited to add: Ok, I just looked in the freezer, and found some frozen cube steaks. Looks like Chicken Fried Steak for dinner tonight. I'll use the rice from work for a side dish, some green beans, and make a beef gravy. Then we're set.

Last edited:
I had my lobster for dinner, but since my husband doesnt care for lobster, I ended up making a baked chicken breast (just a bit of canola on top and some black ground pepper), and let that cool off then sliced it thin. I made a garlic butter to spread on a hard roll, broiled that, sauteed some onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers, pepperoni. Put all of that on the chicken, topped it with cheddar. I forgot to add jalapenos. He loved it! I'll definately make that again so I can try it out.

Allen I sure hope you have enough food in the house until Peppa comes back!

Yup, I do, and she'll be back tomorrow.

[rant]
I wish she's learn to use my homemade grocery list clipboard, then actually take said list to the store and buy what's on it. Instead, she just buys what she thinks we need. Sometimes I'll have something listed on the board for several weeks, until I go and buy it.
[/rant]

We had wings tonight. I just sectioned them (saving the tips in my "chicken wing tip bag" for the freezer for stock), & sprinkled them with dark red chili powder, granulated garlic, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, & McCormick's "Monterey Grill Seasoning". Baked them at 450 for 15 minutes, turned the heat down to 375 for another 15 minutes baking, then turned the wings over, sprinkled the 2nd side with all of the above seasonings, baked them for another 15 minutes at 375, then raised the heat back up to 450 for a final 15 minutes. Then tossed them with a combo of Frank's Louisiana Wing sauce & melted butter. Served with the traditional blue cheese dressing.

Hot, very spicy, & very delicious.

Back
Top Bottom