Dinner Sat 27/1/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
I WAS going to make fish cakes but the cat ate all the fish a few nights ago, so it`s Bacon Butties with plenty ketchup on Fresh baked (12:30 noon) bread :)

I'm going to see if there is a transit system here in San Jose California where I can get to Castro Valley for Pyzanno's Pizza. I've seen it on TV and want to give it a try. Mostly I'd order a huge ole salad but would love to have just one piece of pizza. If not, then dinner's on hold until I figure out what else I'd like.

The first course is a salad with boston lettuce, topped with goat cheese and dried cherry dumplings. The lettuce is tossed with pear vinegar and olive oil.

Dinner is roasted pork rib roast. I've been brining the rib roasts since last night. That will be served with fig and pistachio stuffing, and sauteed beets/butternut squash.

I've just finished a peach and apple pie for dessert. I'll toss that in the oven later this afternoon.

Cocktails are paddy cocktails, and the wine is of the pinot variety.

It's not nearly as frigid as last night, so we're hoping for Irish coffee out by the fire later tonight with a dip in the hot tub, as well.

update.... forget the ketchup on mine, I`m putting Cheese on the top an gunna blowtorch it instead, I need a Cheese fix!

and no, I don`t care How disgusting it sounds, I`ve had it before and I like it, so that`s all that matters :)

beef stew

I have pert near two gallons of stew simmering on the stove right now, so will be having that for several meals in the near future. It will be so cold tonight that I can set the pot outside until morning. I will also clear out various breads in the freezer to accompany the stew. I made the stew with local beef, home canned tomatoes, potatoes and green beans.

No babies, no kids,DH off visiting his brother, soooo, I'm roasting a chicken that I lifted the skin and rubbed with herb/parsley butter,homemade bread stuffing, roasted tiny potatoes, brown sugar and butter carrots, for DH, peas and mushrooms for me...MIchele Marie's caramel apple dumplings..Plus I want to make a chocolate cake for tomorrows dessert as Ethan requested it as a treat:)
kadesma

Hosting a Mexican potluck tonight with several friends. I'm making chicken enchiladas and some guacamole; others are bringing a rice side, sangria, corn cake, an unspecified but claimed decadent side, and a cinnamon tortilla treat. The resident bartender will make the margaritas. Sounds good to me!

Well holy cow. Sounds like it is a major gourmet night all around. I'm hostessing my youngest daughter's birthday party this afternoon (heaven help me!) and then we are going over to my Mom's for Chinese take out. WOOHOO!! I'll bring any leftover cake. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a very time consuming and difficult dinner tonight.....

Annie's Mac & Cheese I brought back from my last visit home!!!
(I'm down to only one box now!) :(

brie pesto and tomato "fondue", broiled salmon filets with caramelized onion and fennel, zucchini and yellow squash sauteed with panceta, tomatoes, white wine and broth, brown rice, crispy bread. btw, we are having a gorgeous sunset right now! time to break out the chardonay!

Soup get-together tonight - Italian Wedding Soup, Mushroom Soup (still don't know if it's a cream-base or not) and I'm bringing a Lentil and Tomato Soup. Cabernet Sauvignon is the wine, there will be bread, and some kind of dessert. Other appetizers but I don't know what they are - it will just have to be a surprise. These are some extreme foodies so I can only imagine they will be wonderful!

YT2095 said:
I WAS going to make fish cakes but the cat ate all the fish a few nights ago, so it`s Bacon Butties with plenty ketchup on Fresh baked (12:30 noon) bread :)

I'm afraid to ask what a Bacon Buttie is - it sounds like the cat ate your food and now you're.............:ohmy: I would LOVE to know what these are.

YT2095 said:

Try HP sauce instead of ketchup. Tastes even better!

kitchenelf said:
I'm afraid to ask what a Bacon Buttie is - it sounds like the cat ate your food and now you're.............:ohmy: I would LOVE to know what these are.

Bacon butty is a bacon sandwich. It's a British term :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom