Dinner, Sat.3/18/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight will be one of the best reasons for cooking a corned beef yesterday.....
Ruben Sandwiches.
I'm also making Dawg's No. Dakota tomato soup to go with them.
:yum:

What's going on at your house?

Last edited:
Chicken stir-fry with four colors of bell peppers, onions and celery, over jasmine rice. We had po'boys and fries for lunch, so we need something light.

Thanks for the reminder, Kay! I need to make that soup again soon.

So far, it's celery and clam dip tonight. Obviously the menu needs a bit more fleshing out.

I'm in a hotel tonight. There is a microwave and a coffeemaker. Oh, and a clothes iron and ironing board. There are lots of YouTube videos on cooking with a clothes iron. Quesadillas, perhaps???

CD

Last night, DH and I weren't feeling well, hayfever.
So it's leftover leftover grilled steak and b/s chicken thighs
with steamed green beans and sliced tomato for DH and
Spaghetti Squash for myself.
I finally found a Cherokee Purple and DH is over the moon for it!
It's very ripe and LARGE, so he's had tomato for breakfast,
lunch and now dinner
:LOL:

Yes Indeedy ! Tonight will be one of the best reasons for cooking a corned beef yesterday.....

Reuben's on pumpernickel with local grocery store made Russian dressing.

Dx was a whirlwind in my kitchen. She used 2 of my 3 potatoes that were going to go in the corned beef vegetables for her Mom's potato salad, and a Scandinavian cabbage/ fruit salad with whipping cream dressing. I'm pretty sure the Vikings explored Ireland, so I figure that's legal.

As far as the rest of the weekend corned beef dinner plans, Irish soda bread, didn't happen; Apples for baked apples - went into the fruit salad,as did a handful of chopped dates.

I have to agree with KL and Dx and more of you all... reubens are the best.

On our way home on Thursday from a doctor's appointment, we passed right by our favorite fresh seafood market/cafe. Had a bite to eat and brought home two gorgeous flounder. Didn't eat them yesterday because of St. Paddy's so they've been on ice.

Took out the flounder for dinner tonight and they were still encased in ice. Guess they stayed cold.:ohmy:

Anywhoooo...

We had baked flounder that was brushed with a paste of grated fresh lemon rind, grated garlic, salt, freshly-cracked black pepper and olive oil. Sides were baked potato and steamed and buttered baby peas.

Omigosh! The flounder was soooo good. Too bad it's all gone.

It was clear and not too cold so we did burgers on the grill.

Yesterday and today were perfect days for chilly weather BBQ folks.

Today I pigged out on blueberry tarts and some shoestring FF's. I need to stay away from sugar for a looooong time. To much blueberry!

I tired a one pan chicken and rice dinner which turned out not so very good. I think (as I'm probably going to be up till all hours of the morning) I'll make some stuffed shells later on.

Grocery shopped today, so we cleaned out leftovers. Himself killed off the last of the corned beef and cabbage. I finished the bit of cheesy cauliflower soup, made a small tuna salad sandwich, and the last from a tub of Fage yogurt with fresh blueberries. Had to make room for the next tub of Fage.

Our online grocery store has been messing up my orders like crazy these past few weeks. Last Sunday I had ordered a small pack of pork side ribs because I can't eat a lot of meat and they were on sale. TB loves them. It was just the right size and was on for around $8 (because of weight it is an estimate until delivery). What I got instead was a 1.7 kg package of sweet & sour style pork ribs worth $26.00! The driver was gone before I noticed it because it wasn't written as a substitution. I did get reimbursed for the difference and TB got a treat tonight.

I made traditional sweet & sour ribs with rice and steamed veggies. I had to steam the veggies for me as I can't have the oil for stir frying but TB was fine with that. I had two little ribs to try them, a huge plate of veggies and some rice with the S&S sauce (fat drained out).

They were delicious! I wish I could have had more! I made up the whole package and have made freezer containers so TB has meals for when I am either having my surgery or just not up to cooking.

So it was actually a very good mistake! :angel:

Chicken breast stuffed with Soppressata and Asiago..on a tomato sauce made with my garden tomatoes from last season, risotto Milanese..
6Jsl2QW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom