Dinner Sat. 4/4/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Grilling some steaks, also some asparagus, Italian bread with garlic butter, a big green salad with avocados,red onion, grape tomatoes croutons,and a lime,honey dressing..and twice baked potatoes,sour cream ,butter,diced green onions and crisp bacon..Dessert not sure yet,have to finish tomorrows ice cream sandwiches

what's going on your plate?
kadesma:)

My brother, half mile away, is having an early Easter meal tonight. He and his wife will be at the home of one of their sons for Easter.

Ham and potato salad is on the menu. I made a Shaker lemon pie yesterday so that will be my contribution.

YUM! Katie, can you post a recipe for the shaker lemon pie somewhere? I seem to recall you talking about slicing lemons really thin...and then my memory is gone. LOL

Tonight we are having BBQd beef ribs, a BIG old salad, some kind of potatoes...might throw those on the BBQ too...and for dessert sliced strawberries with a sprinkling of sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
That reminds me, I'd better go put the rub on those ribs!

Not sure what I'll be eating or if I will be eating at all. I have to photograph a wedding from 4 pm til 10 pm. Sometimes I'm offered a plate and sometimes I'm not. I usually decline anyway and eat a sandwich before and grab a light snack when I get home.

YUM! Katie, can you post a recipe for the shaker lemon pie somewhere? I seem to recall you talking about slicing lemons really thin...and then my memory is gone. LOL

The recipe is very good and way too easy. It's this one at Epicurious. I used their pate brisee recipe, too. The pie turned out beautifully.

Yes, I sliced the lemons, skins and all, paper thin and let them macerate overnight in granulated sugar. It's gonna be tasty.

Last edited:
Its nice here so we are going to grill turkey burgers. I'm going to make a lime garlicky sweet potato bake and something else - not sure what but it will probably involve chocolate. And I've got a nice bottle of Malbec to crack open with my burgers.

Gotta hit the grocery first.

I'll be doing a small roast pork out of the freezer with a rice side dish and fresh green beans cooked with Rotel tomatoes.

Lentil Chili. ( Easter Sunday can't come fast enough!). Didn't have any chili pepper, but had lots of other mixtures. Should be interesting. :)

Food falls short in the wake of the “final four.” We are grilling steaks and having baked potatoes, salad and French bread.
My husband won't know what he's eating tonight. At the moment, basketball is the core of his focus.

Food falls short in the wake of the “final four.” We are grilling steaks and having baked potatoes, salad and French bread.
My husband won't know what he's eating tonight. At the moment, basketball is the core of his focus.

I understand Miss Jill...Except the wife and I favor the girls games...We had a daughter who was a player (High School) Probably will check out the guys tonight however....

Say! Welcome to DC...Make yourself at home!!!

Have Fun!!

Thank you for the welcome, Uncle Bob. Our daughter was in speech and debate in high school but has inhereted my love of cooking.
I could live without basketball but figure it is fair payback for all of the TV time I spend on food tv.

Hey Toots, I have tried to make turkey burgers in the past, and they were terrible. All I did was make them like regular old burgers, but my husband and I didn't like them at all. What do you do? I would like to try something new.

still not feeling tip top, not much energy for cooking. a shrimp salad i think, shrimps is thawing, already cooked. have some butter lettuce. crackers and tea. have ben and jerry is i need a sweet. most just very tired and sick of being under par. getting old ain't for sissies

I'm going to have a chicken breast browned, then baked, with artichokes, tomato and mozzarella.... a side of broccoli and garlic bread.

We hit a comedy show in Williamsburg then stopped at a chinese buffett on the way home. Face hurts from laughing, stomach stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom