Dinner, Sat. April 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My hubby is out of town so I went to the Boy Scout annual turkey dinner and got a carry out dinner. Its pretty good - the dressing was especially yummy.

Spent the day working in the garden again so tonight is an easy-bake dinner. Top Round roast with stewed tomatoes in the oven and baked potatoes. Maybe a salad on he side.

Bad spelling. we went out to a local grill resturant.

Ahhhh, you Went out for your meal..... gotcha!
That still seems like an interesting idea though. The meat could rest on its way to whoever ordered it.

Hmmmm ......

Thanks guys I just came up with a way to quit my job!!

Suzi's Steaks fer Shut-ins!
:)
Now if I could only grill 'em as well as DH does......

I dont know..... he came in for dinner not swearing, thats a good sign!!
But if he doesn't finish tonight it's ok, I just get to drive his mom's Durango to work again tomorrow :) I may not give it back.
OOOOOO I could fit ALOT of steaks in there!

Ahhhh, you Went out for your meal..... gotcha!
That still seems like an interesting idea though. The meat could rest on its way to whoever ordered it.

Hmmmm ......

Pacanis, there is a restaurant here called "Steak-Out" that is a strictly home delivery steak place. Could be a chain I suppose. Steaks, baked potatoes, steak sandwiches, salads and the like. Very popular and very busy.

I gave them a snowball's chance in you know where for making a go of it when they opened.

They use electric warming "totes" to keep everything hot during delivery.

I'm eating pizza as we speak. Ordered Pizza hut. DH had pan with pepperoni and pineapple, with anchovies on half. I had hand tossed with extra cheese and half chicken and bacon.

WE had easy tonight hot pastrami on rolls with swiss and homemade pasta e fagioli, dh also had a salad of greens and marinated veggies..no dessert, to busy getting ready for tomorrow..
kadesma;)

Ended up with the Panang curry, but not sure you could call it a real Panang. I made the curry and used a tip that the fellow at the Thai grocery store gave me and added peanut butter (chunky) to the mix. Added cubed chicken, but then got creative and added chopped up water chestnuts, honey, garlic and brown sugar. It was still Panang enough for DW, my oldest, and myself but sweet and peanut buttery enough for my son and my youngest daughter.
Reminded me of one we used to get on the North Side, certainly not a traditional Panang but yummy anyway, especially over brown rice!

Made zucchini slice for lunch, which I wouldn't make again without making a few alterations to the taste. It was okay but the recipe needs work I think.

For dinner, grilled lamb steaks with parsley and garlic, served with jacket potatoes with aioli and herbed fetta, tomatoes, Kalamata olives in balsamic vinegar.

Bilby, I had to look up jacket potatoes, and then zucchini slice, and then I had to look up lamington pan from the zucchini slice recipe. Fun :)

Last night we had a Greek-themed dinner party. I made a seafood cocktail appetizer with lemon, parsley and capers; Greek salad with red-wine vinaigrette; and chicken breasts stuffed with herb/garlic goat cheese and roasted red peppers (got that idea from someone here), and Greek potatoes. I got lucky and the Greek Orthodox Church was having a bake sale yesterday, so I bought an assortment of Greek pastries for dessert. Turned out great.

Bilby, I had to look up jacket potatoes, and then zucchini slice, and then I had to look up lamington pan from the zucchini slice recipe. Fun :)

LOL - Glad you liked the work GG!!! You are more dedicated than I!;)

Didn't have a lamington pan so I made mine in star shapes!!:LOL: (To me, lamingtons are for school drives. Always someone trying to flog 'em to you! No need to actually make 'em yourself, so no need for the pan!! :-p]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom