Dinner, Sat. August 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Will be grilling steak, shrimp, baked potatoes, sweet corn, sliced tomatoes/cukes and garlic bread.

Last edited:
Well it will probably be my weekly ration of catfish & trimmings. I got the freshest 2-3 oz filets! They will fry up to perfection, golden brown! Crisp on the outside, moist and tender on the inside.

Might have a sip of bourbon while they cook!

Enjoy!

Pizza (as always on a saturday) but I kept a few muchrooms back from last night, so it`ll be a chicken and Double Mushroom pizza (extra cheese of course!).

We have the grand kids - 6 and 3. I will make chicken fingers, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes & cucumbers from our garden with viniagrette & good bread & I have left over rice, they love. I'm making banana bread and of course of ice cream.

Have some shredded pork and made some enchiladas with it in flour tortillas, will have some drunken beans, and white Mexican rice and a iceberg lettuce salad to go with the enchiladas...Homemade red sauce is simmering now will assemble a little later..., Now off to the store for tomorrows dinner.
kadesma:)

Cocktail hour is bourbon, neat.

Then, grilled zucchini slices with fig goat cheese and toasted hazelnuts.

Then, pesto crusted skate wings with fresh fusilli, tossed with garden tomatoes and basil.

Tomato foccaccia.

Syrah for dinner. Skipping dessert tonight.....:angel:

doing some burgers .. pressed cuban style ..
they are a hit at the house right now .. and we are really busy right now ..

Uncle Bob said:
Well it will probably be my weekly ration of catfish & trimmings. I got the freshest 2-3 oz filets! They will fry up to perfection, golden brown! Crisp on the outside, moist and tender on the inside.

Might have a sip of bourbon while they cook!

Enjoy!

Would you like that on a stick? ;)
On a stick on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My bacon-wrapped filets (a la Omaha steaks) are defrosting. Will grill up some onions & shrooms. Corn on the cob and red potatoes are ready to go. Salad will be in the making, & peaches with Vanilla ice scream.

Later... munchin' & crunchin' watching movies.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. Saturday night's alright. :)

Last edited:
Sushi.. just california rolls

later I may do Orange Chicken Tortilla Wrap thingies.

i grilled tonight: a london broil, rubbed with seasoned salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, and paprika; bbq sauced chicken wings, legs, and thighs; skewered slices of a giant red onion.

dw made rice, jullienned raw garden veggies, and a can o' corn, for sides.

It was so lovely out last night that we fired up the charcoal grill & threw on a bunch of spicy dry-rubbed chicken wings, which were then tossed with some Frank's Louisiana Buffalo Wing Sauce. Served them with the traditional blue cheese dressing, as well as with a cucumber-yogurt-garlic sauce (actually, some thickened-up "Spicy Cold Cucumber Soup" - lol!!).

I kept a few mushrooms back from last night

How do you do that, YT? No matter how much there is, around here they are always gone! An ex-gf of mine and I, when we sauteed 'shrooms, had to have one of us divide the batch and the other one choose between the halves--and then guard the plate, of course! Perhaps I was a hobbit in a previous life....

Back
Top Bottom