Dinner Sat. Dec. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not sure yet. after a brief respite, i'm back to working doubles on saturdays through the new year. everyone is burning up their sick and personal days, so o.t. abounds.

i found a good fried chicken place up in harlem that's open 24 hours on weekends, so after the mad dash home and back during my actual dinner "hour", i'll pick up a 5 piece, fries, and biscuits around midnight after work.

i wonder how many people here have ordered chicken in a tiny storefront through bullet proof glass, putting the money into and receiving the chicken through a bank teller type drawer?
ronjohn, back me up here. detroit's gotta have something like this.

best fried chicken in town here is the same way ...

I ended up eating my saved plate of chicken fried steak and accompaniments. It seemed like such a waste to fire up the smoker for just one rack of ribs... no ABTs, chicken leg quarters or anything. The ribs will be tomorrow after a trip to the store. I ate pretty early so I'll probably have a bowl of jalapeno soup later tonight.

Was going to make goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts but after shopping for 4 hours in the crowds I forgot to buy the chicken breasts. So, it is home made hamburgers that DH will make as I have to do a cooking and baking marathon for three events we are attending tomorrow and one on Tuesday. Tis the season to be crazy busy!

going to throw some steaks on the grill ..
and twice baked potatoes .. salad .. garlic bread ..

we had sausage jambalaya tonight. also some nice soft whole-wheat dinner rolls and a tossed salad...

it was a cheater meal - started out as a box mix of spices and rice that got "improved" with the addition of fresh veggies and some really good smoked sausage. but it was still good!

A friend decided to take us out for burgers - went back to Vera's (no not DC's Vera, it is a chain of incredible burger joints) I had the four cheese - provolone, blue, cheddar and mozza. They are HUGE! As a couple, who obviously were there for the first time, were leaving, the wife said "I am NEVER having a burger anywhere else! The guy at the counter very positively "No one ever does, Ma'am!"

well, heres what happened. i baked some pumpkin muffins late in the day. i wanted one but it was dinner time. so i fried up a couple eggs, buttered two muffins,poured a huge glass of milk. that was dinner.

almost balance protein in eggs and milk, carbs in muffin batter and veg in pumpkin. does that work? it did for me.

Chicken stew with lots of garlic and onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, white wine, lemon juice, herbs and spices.

I thought Golden Skillet went out of business. All the ones on the Penisula closed! After saying we'd have leftovers, I ended up making potato soup with Connie's recipe posted on a thread here. I had to make some changes since I didn't have leeks and my potatos were nasty. I ended up using frozen cubed hashbrowns. They worked out great!

Roasted turkey breast (which came out PERFECTLY!) with spaghetti squash and seasoned kidney beans.

Back
Top Bottom