Dinner, Sat. Dec. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not cooking today, ordering out - grandson are spending the night (9-2yrs.) Just going to enjoy the evening - after a busy day! :santa:

Something chickeny. We did burgers last night and I don't want to have poultry tomorrow so...I think maybe coq au vin if I have thighs. If I only have breasts I will have to see what I feel like doing. Maybe cacciatore? Lemon herb?

Fresh fettucine with chicken, beet greens and pine nuts and braised rainbow chard

Well, I will shortly be on my way to pick up a reserved order of several pounds of wonderful soft-shell "steamer" clams for our dinner tonight. Boy, if there's one thing I really miss from my life on Long Island it was those great steamers!!!

Woo-hoo - can't wait!!!! : )))))

I bought a lot of things from Trader Joe's yesterday so I will make something like grilled chicken. I bought some frozen crab cakes that I will defrost and I stocked up on red and white wine.

I know my dinner will be very good but I am not quite sure what I will have.

The cabbage rolls are in the oven on low as I'm not sure when the hubby will be pulling in. It has been very cold and windy here so I wanted comfort food tonight. Instead of this for Christmas day; we will have prime rib, shrimp stuffed potatoes, salad and rolls then.

We're having company tonight...very dear, very close friends that we don't get to see that often anymore, even though we live in the same town.
Instead of a meal, we will be "grazing" tonight.
We're starting off with a baked crap dip served with butter flavored crackers, then nibble on shrimp cocktail and guacamole with tortilla chips, while my husband cooks up some spicy gulf shrimp. We'll have garlic/cheese/herb bread to go with that. By the time we're finished with the shrimp, the buffalo wings should be ready.
If you'll notice, we're starting out with a savory, but not terribly spicy dish, then proceeding to spicier and hotter foods as we go along.

He is making the crab dip as we speak. I need to get moving.

Back
Top Bottom