Dinner, Sat. Dec. 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
I'll probably have eggs with spinach and mushrooms. I think I'll make either peanut butter chip chocolate cookies or maybe apple gallettes today. I'd like the cookies but dh would be sooo happy for gallettes.

What are gallettes?

amber said:
I feel like having something light for dinner, so I'm making a salmon filet and a salad on the side, and fish and chips for my husband.

I knew reading this today, I'd get an idea.
I like the salmon idea so I'll do that too.
It's just me tonight, the man of my dreams is in Vegas getting the boat outta Mead. I'm alone and can have anything I want. It's going to be salmon patties for me with a light sauce using orange juice for most of the flavor, added to FF mayo, {I broke down and bought a small jar, adding it to the 31 jars of regular mayo I have in the kitchen store} some dijon 'tard and lots of garlic and onions. Blending well gives a rich and creamy sauce sans the fat. I'll have the worlds biggest salad with that, all the things you can think of and then some. A baked yam and I'm set. Of course lot's of ''nector of the Gods''.................H20....:blink:

buckytom said:
i'm almost done working a double today, so i'm gonna head home and throw the london broil that i was supposed to make last night. it's been sitting in a salty herb rub in the fridge for 2 days. i wonder how the salt will affect the meat?

anyway, no rest for the wicked nor weary, i have to be back in by 11pm tonight.

If I don't watch any television tonight, can you stay home??

I had turkey soup w/diced carrots, celery, onions, leeks, and mini shell pasta..great on a cold winters' nite!

I thawed out some chicken and rice soup tonight.
It's not cold here in Md at all, but a little comfort food felt pretty good after all of the holiday meals that we've had.

VeraBlue said:
If I don't watch any television tonight, can you stay home??

lol vb. i'm responsible for the cbs and the new cw networks, so just don't watch channels 2 or 11, in the metro ny area.

thanks for the offer, though. :flowers:

oh, my london broil was deeeelicious tonight. i made a rub of lawry's seasoned salt, onion powder, dried oregano and basil, and cracked black pepper. first i rubbed in a splash or two of worcestershire, then applied the rub. i broiled it in the middle rack for 7 minutes on each side, then drizzled the top side with evoo, moved it to the top rack of the broiler for a minute more, and repeated this on the other side for one more minute.

i broiled some 1" thick slices of onions that were tossed in evoo and the rub along side the meat, turning accordingly.

the meat was perfectly medium rare, juicy, tender, and the salty rub made it so much better than just a plain ol' london broil. and i love grilled or broiled onions.

I've been thinking about that little smokey recipe using bacon & brown sugar to crisp.
I've got this ham. Not leftover; just unexpected gift. Spiral ham, if I didn't mention that. Comes with a brown sugar glaze packet that smells like raisins.

I took several slices of the ham and sprinkled the brown sugar glaze over them and then broiled. It was so good, it tasted more like a jerky. I'm not going to have to deal with this ham much longer everybody wanted seconds.
(this was a snack with orange juice)

Holiday Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Davydd said:
I'm making breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches today on my birthday for wife, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, second daughter and sister-in-law. This is what I do. I will call it my second annual holiday tenderloin.

I get the mince meat pie on my insistance instead of cake because no one will make it for Thanksgiving or Christmas. :rolleyes: :LOL: My wife makes that.

Here's my follow-up for the holiday breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches. It is in narrative form with a dozen pictures.

Pictorial recipe is in this blog

This is what I made...
img_377952_0_9bb2f6430d6848b5bbb4fd1265c46445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom