Dinner, Sat. Dec. 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I'll be making meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans and fresh baked NY Bread. Bummer, change of plans, son and family aren't coming till tomorrow ! Lol - might be bread and water !

Last edited:
another Smorgosbord again tonight, although I`de sooner have that 2moro night and something cooked today, But... the wife insists so Who am I to argue. I`ll get back in my box now.

I'm heading over to Vitamia for ravioli to go with the meatballs and pomodoro sauce I'm making.

First course is stuffed zucchini.

I made pistacchio semi fredo for dessert.

Don't recall the name of the wine, but it's a chianti.

I'm making a meatloaf also, Italian style, with chopped salami, Romano cheese and chopped roasted red peppers in it topped with simple marinara. We'll have a classic risotto Milanese with it, and green beans and garlic toast.

Last edited:
Big fat coarse-cut sausages, known as botifarra, the leftover Dauphinoise potatoes from yesterday, peas and carrots.

Mandarins for afters.

Looks like it's a meat-night for most of you here. Dinner for me is usually light. So it's Chinese Fried Rice Noodle with veggies and seafood.

i'm almost done working a double today, so i'm gonna head home and throw the london broil that i was supposed to make last night. it's been sitting in a salty herb rub in the fridge for 2 days. i wonder how the salt will affect the meat?

anyway, no rest for the wicked nor weary, i have to be back in by 11pm tonight.

This morning I am going to make the quail eggs I bought yesterday. Probably poach them for my wife, since she's never had them.

For lunch, yesterday someone said they had fried rice and that motivated me to make some! So, that's what we'll be having, maybe with some shrimp from yesterday.

Dinner - Haven't thought that far ahead as I just woke up. I am going to go get some Chinese style BBQ pork today, so maybe I will eat that somehow. I like it plain, has anyone else tried it anyway different (in something, etc?)

Flourgirl said:
I'm making a meatloaf also, Italian style, with chopped salami, Romano cheese and chopped roasted red peppers in it topped with simple marinara. We'll have a classic risotto Milanese with it, and green beans and garlic toast.
Your meatloaf sounds awesome - could you post your recipe? Love meatloaf ! Barb L.

stinemates said:
Dinner - Haven't thought that far ahead as I just woke up. I am going to go get some Chinese style BBQ pork today, so maybe I will eat that somehow. I like it plain, has anyone else tried it anyway different (in something, etc?)
If it is what I think it is, then you can slice it and put it in egg noodle either in dry or soup form with some veggies or put on top of plain rice accompanied by a sweet chilli sauce.

I'm making breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches today on my birthday for wife, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, second daughter and sister-in-law. This is what I do. I will call it my second annual holiday tenderloin.

I get the mince meat pie on my insistance instead of cake because no one will make it for Thanksgiving or Christmas. :rolleyes: :LOL: My wife makes that.

DH is helping my dad install a new garage door opener late this afternoon. If it doesn't take them too long, my dad said he'd treat us to a light dinner out somewhere. Hopefully they can get the chore done quickly--it would be nice to have another night off from cooking!:)

Uncle Bob said:
Living in "The Catfish Capitol Of The World" I'll give you three guesses....:LOL:

What is the best way to eat it? I've only tried it dredged and pan fried (long ago, and once only.) Am I missing something?

I feel like having something light for dinner, so I'm making a salmon filet and a salad on the side, and fish and chips for my husband.

I'm making tuna steaks with pepper relish, roasted yukon gold potatoes and balsamic cipollini onions.

Back
Top Bottom