Dinner, Sat. Dec. 8 - What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not sure but thinking of chicken n biscuits, noodles -(gravy over all),picked beets and green beans.

Change of plans, Hubby came down with a cold so its soup and grilled cheese.

Last edited:
I bought a pork tenderloin at Sam's that has a cranberry/pomegranate marinade. They were giving samples and it was very good! We'll have that with mashed taters and green beans and salad. Will have to eat early since we are going to a handbell concert at 7:00pm.

Brats done on the grill with mayo/spicy mustard/roasted garlic on the rolls. Along with green beans and spinach..... probably made up into some kind of mixture with bacon and onions.

hopefully, my last saturday 8a to 12m double. next week it's 11p friday to 4p saturday.
yay?

but today i can dream of a reuben from the parkway diner. sadly, that won't happen 'till 1am. :(

Bucky... I think you work toooo hard. Ya need a nice vaction, some where warm and quiet.

Didn't have time to make my soup yesterday... we just had left overs. Tonight I'm going to try again.

thanks pds, but it's not hard, really. we're sort of like geeky firemen. when a broadcast computer crashes and burns, we rush in to save the day.

without the fire and life risking stuff.

unless it's a really big mainframe...

John, you always eat Pizza on Saturdays and I always eat fried Catfish. Maybe we need to develope a fried catfish pizza!!:ermm:
:LOL:
eeewwww:(

not sure, like the idea of beets Barb L, love those things, the pickled kind, sliced in a can, I know, my taste buds are waaaay too easy to please.
for me, don't know, don't care, not at home so maybe hotel food/aka/room service sans using the hotel glasses tho:huh::(

Carry-out gyros from a local restaurant and homemade Greek salad. I don't often eat desserts. Tonight I'm trying to perfect baklava. I have a way to go!

Going out for dinner. Yippee. Just have to muster up the energy to get ready!

turkey meatloaf or chop suey?

I found a new recipe for turkey meatloaf in a Cooking Light book. So, I might have that with zucchini sauteed in olive oil and pasta as a side. Or, I have some fresh bean sprouts and I can hear chop suey just begging to be made!!

Chinese takeout. My boyfriend was talked into working tonight until 10pm, so even if I did have the energy to cook supper after baking all afternoon, it's just easier to bring takeout to him at work.

So the turkey soup I made Thursday was finished today for dinner. To the awesome broth was added wild rice, carrots, parsnips, escarole, cauliflower, and noodles...tarragon was the herb. this fine chunky soup was served with popovers and butter. what could be better? Luckily there is a meal of leftovers for Monday night...think I'll make cornbread then.

Actually, a seafood Pizza is delish. Made a Caesar Salmon Salad Pizza that was excellent! (Next time, shrimp in place of salmon.)

Back to dinner :chef:

Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing
(Thank you AB)​

Oven-Roasted Mushrom Soup
(Posted a link under comfort soups)​

Ginger Salmon

Lemon roasted asparagus w baby red dilled potatoes

Cranberry & White Chocolate Trifle

A little bubbly & dinner rolls

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back