Dinner, Sat. Feb. 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonights dinner will be grandson friendly -(both here this weekend).
I am making grilled pork cutlets, boiled red potatoes, corn on the cob, coleslaw and dinner rolls. Watermelon for dessert -orange push-ups later.

Last edited:
Pot roast. Chuck roasts on sale cheap, and I haven't made a plain pot roast in a long time. Of course, with the left overs I will have stew....

another saturday, another double.

man, am i getting sick of these. :(

the last coupla weeks have been souvlaki, a reuben, and sushi on the way home. i may go with chinese tonight.

pot roast here too, found two in the freezer, what a surprise, made with sweet potatoes, canned yukon golds, celery, garlic, only things in the pot roast not raised here are the onions, s&p and paprika. with whole wheat dinner rolls, still have some chocolate cake left;)

I don't get real creative with my two toddlers. They are very picky so I tend to go with what I know they will eat lol.

Frozen pizza for all 3 of us (Daddy is working). Home made Crab rangoon later in the evening. The oldest, who is 3, might try it. We'll see.

Loose meat sandwiches (RR's recipe) on Kaiser rolls..... not to be confused with crusty bread rolls ;) and some thick cut fries loaded with steak seasoning and ranch dressing.

Gonna make my great Auntie Nell's pasties for dinner tonight. The recipe makes 4 large pasties so there'll be two I can freeze for another time. Yeah! Not sure what else we'll have. Except, there's still lots of peach cobbler left from our Valentine's Day dinner. Looks as though we'll be eating that forever. It's really good, 'specially with vanilla ice cream.:rolleyes:

Thanks for starting Barb............JP4U;)
Hi and happy Saturday to you all.
DH has to work today, it's cold, and I must study all day, alone and in the quiet. That's fine with me, but I want something in the background [to smell all day long] to remind me of the love of my life and how hard he works to provide for us. It's been a hellacious couple of years on my doll workwise. Smelling something wafting through our home will remind me that soon, I'll be sitting on his lap and he'll be massaging my massive bulk of mane [his way of settling us both down, it's a calmative]. So.....for dinner it's gonna be in the making right now...and thanks for the idea Mama Gracie, I see you're new, welcome, would you mind updating a profile so we'll know a bit about you and the kids, thanks, and again thanks for giving me an idea for our appetizer.
Skyline
Chili, Cincinnati style chili
Spaghetti noodles
Lots of shredded cheddar cheese
Finely chopped onions
The madelines I made last night
Buttered haricot verts
This Orange Dreamsicle Cake with dark chocolate shavings

pacanis, does the crust on the kaiser rolls crack (not from lack of freshness but from the structural integrity of the crust), or is is softer and squishy?

if it cracks, it's known as a hard roll. another variation of crusty breads. :chef:

Beth, I'm coming over for chocolate cake!!! :)

The boy is making a chicken curry. I'm having the last of the Ratatouille (which came out sooooo tasty!) and herbed quinoa. Lemon Bar for dessert later!

Hey Uncle Bob, you will have to come over this summer for my grilled ribs - my sauce has your favourite ingredient in it....Bourbon, and lots of it!!!

I am on forced bedrest again for my knee and the border is out for the evening so DH has decided he is surprising me with dinner. Sounds mighty fine to me! Specially since I will be pouring over cookbooks and menu samples trying to put together a wedding reception proposal.

Must be the night for pot roast. It's on sale here, too, so I'll make that with horseradish sauce spread on top, and carrots and onions in the pot. Mashed potatoes alongside. DH brought home brownies from a work function yesterday, so we have dessert (which is unusual for us).

More fresh Triple Tail on the grill. Maybe a salad to go with it. I just bought a weeks worth of fresh veggies from the farmers market and I can't make up my mind which one to cook :LOL:

Lou and I went out for Valentine's day...but it's not the same as having a wonderful meal at home. So, for dinner tonight, we're celebrating valentine's day, again.

With Paddy Cocktails and cards (I may have to start cheating) we're having a variety of italian cheeses, date cake and a bit more of that wine soaked hard salami.

First course is lobster ravioli with a lemoncello sage sauce. The raviolis are red and heart shaped!

Dinner is 2" pork chops stuffed with cranberries, pignoli nuts and carmelized celery. Served on a bed of sauteed spinach and topped with a port reduction. Lou hasn't made a wine selection yet...

Seven layer cake for dessert.

well ... i smoked a pork but today .. its for my sons birthday party next sat.
they freeze well and i like to use some in baked beans ..
also have some great looking rib eyes that DW picked up on sle for 5.99 a lb ..
so i am going to grill those up also .. making some roasted red potatoes and a salad to
go with that . and i am sure i will sample the pork ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom