Dinner, Sat. Jan. 12 th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I am roasting a couple pork tenderloins, mashed or boiled potatoes and roasted asparagus, with warm crusty bread.

Last edited:
Probably buritos filled with ground beef or chicken, chili, cheese, refried beans and sides of lettuce,chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, black olives, and spicy rice.

tonight is either gonna be my pork brasciole, or since it's been a while that i've had a saturday night off, we may get sushi/sashimi.

i bought some beautiful round bone pork shoulder steaks that are screaming to be cut up and pounded thin for the brasciole.

it all depends on how many extra hours that i can cram in today.

I'm hoping to give Ol-Blue's meatloaf a try tonight, I picked up the stuffing and soup mix this week. I didn't take the meat out until this morning though, so I may have to coax it along to thaw...... With mashed potatoes and peas. And a big 'ol slice of the bread I baked last night..... or two.

Pats game is tonight, so we need "football food".

White Chicken Chili and Paula Deen's Chile Cheese Cornbread

Note to Uncle Bob: I am not a big cornbread fan, UB, so have to toss a ton of stuff in there to make it interesting to me! :)

Everybody else's stuff sounds great, too!

Lee

Last edited:
well it`s a basic Pizza base with the tomato and herb topping (shop bought) then I put on Chicken, German sausage, roast beef from last night, peperoni, and ham.
all sliced up and put ontop with olives and bell peppers.

all this meat is simply meats that I made too much of so I slice them up, put into bags and freeze them, then I get them out when it`s Meat Feast time :D

2 questions.

yt, how would you describe german sausage. a white-ish wurst, or so? what type of flavorings?

gg, could you please post the borinquen pollo recipe, por favor?

dh and I are going out for an early dinner so he can be home to watch the pat's game.

yt, how would you describe german sausage. a white-ish wurst, or so? what type of flavorings?

it`s a Pink color and I would say it`s very similar to American Bologne (however you spell it?) or our UK Luncheon meat in texture, but a little more peppery, and only about 4cm dia, it`s in an orange (presumably Plastic) wrap with a metal staple at each end to keep it closed and crescent shaped )

Buckster, the way I read it was what I buy in my local supermarket here in Los Angeles as bangers. They have no color but maybe YT is talkin about suppin else not sure.

BarbL, how ya doin sweets? You know what I've been up too regarding you:angel:.

Whatever Philly has in store for me. Wherever I stop and whatever smells good. One thing I know it won't be Ralphs Italian. Although it may be the oldest Italian restaurant in the USofA, it's abbastutely awful.........

Buckster, the way I read it was what I buy in my local supermarket here in Los Angeles as bangers. They have no color but maybe YT is talkin about suppin else not sure.

BarbL, how ya doin sweets? You know what I've been up too regarding you:angel:.

Whatever Philly has in store for me. Wherever I stop and whatever smells good. One thing I know it won't be Ralphs Italian. Although it may be the oldest Italian restaurant in the USofA, it's abbastutely awful.........

There are lots of types of German sausage: weisswurst (literally "white wurst"), bratwurst, knackwurst, ring fleischwurst, zwiebelwurst, braunschweiger, blutwurst (blood sausage), etc. They make it out of all kinds of stuff. Here's a reference: http://www.koenemannsausage.com/ HTH.

Back
Top Bottom