Dinner Sat, July 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having a Hannaford Brand Pepperoni Pizza later. We used to have this once a week, but haven't had it in quite awhile. I also make my own pizza at times. I did some food shopping this morning and was planning on ordering a pizza or subs later. Than I thought, well might as well pop a pizza in the oven later instead of ordering out.

Mom's buying us Chinese tonight :w00t2: :w00t2: and I'm making a chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. I'll post pics when I'm done. Its such a time consuming process, but so worth it in the end.

DH, is working then will come home and irrigate, so, I'm fixing him a favorite, veal stew, it's started already and smells pretty good. Browned the meat,added chopped onions and garlic, brown gravy, potatoes, peas, cubes of eggplant and small button mushrooms. Along with, will be his favorite green salad with thousand island, hard cooked eggs,cucumbers,tomatoes,avocado and onion, warm french bread with garlic and parmesan to dunk in the gravy..Me, a french sub roll with warmed left over pieces of prime rib, and some salad..dessert, just tuscan melon and ice cream.
kadesma;)

Kads, you'll have one happy hubby by the end of dinner!!!

My DH is spending the day painting the porch, a task he absolutly detests. Since I'm on 100% Sofie duty today and since her naps and sleep have been really messed up with all of our traveling this past week, easy is the priority today! I just pulled some chili out of the freezer and will whip up some rice and toppings to go with it.

Rib Eyes, corn and potatoes on the grill and a cucumber-tomato salad. I am so happy we are beginning to get our veggies and corn from the farms.:LOL:

Alix said:
I'm making a chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. I'll post pics when I'm done. Its such a time consuming process, but so worth it in the end.

Oh ya!!!!!!:flowers::clap:

I fired up the good old charcoal grill & did turkey & vegetable kabobs.

Bought a Shady Brook Farms' Marinated Turkey Tenderloin & cut it into kabob-size chunks & skewered them, then marinated some baby Portabello mushroom caps, chunks of red bell pepper, yellow & zucchini squash, & Vidalia onion chunks in some extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, granulated garlic, & dried oregano for a couple of hours & skewered them.

Served the lot on a bed of Zatarain's Rice Pilaf mix.

Back
Top Bottom