Dinner Sat., July 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
I didn't see a thread for this yet - everyone must be having a much more exciting Saturday evening than I am - lol!!

Anyway, the market had absolutely huge bunches of broccoli raab the other day & I couldn't resist. Cooked it up with some turkey Andouille sausage & lots of roughly chopped garlic, & tossed the lot with a box of Farfalle (bowtie) pasta. A few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes & grated parmesan cheese & we were all set.

DH is Irrigating today, so it's bbq for us, brats, toasted buns, grilled onions, corn on the cob and watermelon, ice tea or beer and we're done:LOL:

kadesma

I just spent the nicest afternoon with my son and future daughter in law at her parents house (her parents are in Hawaii) They have a beautiful backyard with a pool we sat around most of the afternoon talking about wedding things.It ws just the 3 of us( my husband is working and Kiersten was with her boyfriend) so we ordered take out and looked through invitation catalogs. It was unexpectedly a wonderful afternoon/evening.

Sounds great VickiQ, I hope your enjoying your stay in Hawaii.

We grilled some rib eyes, and had potatoe salad for my side, and brown rice for hubby. That was a heavy meal considering this heat and humidity.

Great, Vicki! I just got married and had the greatest time planning it with my mother and mother in law.

It's the 29th, so I'm trying to establish a tradition and we are having the lucky gnocchis (today: ricotta and spinach, with tomato sauce).

Does anyone else eat gnocchis on the 29th of each month? If so, do you put money under the plate? Does anyone have this tradition?

Back
Top Bottom