Dinner, Sat. March 1 st.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Grandsons are here !!, I'll be making marinated pork tenderloin, bbq chicken legs, corn, red potatoes and coleslaw.

Last edited:
Trying to empty the freezer, so used up the leftover squid rings and served with coleslaw and tomatoes, oh and a blob or two or aoili! Dessert was choc chip icecream, purely in the interest of the freezer you understand!! ;-)

I'm not fasting.

I'm having Red Snapper. I don't closely follow the food chain but am somewhat aware of the red snapper controversy. Haven't seen it in months and today bought a couple of filets from the market. Need to find a recipe, and return to a store, only a couple of blocks away, if I'm missing something.

The rest of the menu is orzo with garden vegetables
And green beans

As a nightcap, a glass of red wine.

I cooked a chicken chili but hubby and I ended up eating it for lunch and finished it all. :LOL:so will have to think what to make for supper.

I'm making the roast I was going to make last night. We'll have roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions also.

I'm making beef braciole (sp?) cooked in pasta sauce and whole wheat organic spaghetti along with that.

Thanks Michele and Ladycook, I get my grandsons every two weeks, (when son has them) Isaiah is a gem, Cameron is a gem in the rough-:ROFLMAO: !
Michele, good luck with your daughters competition - Go Girl !!

Last edited:
I just popped my corn bread in the oven, after removing my shepherd's pie from heating up.
I'll be eating early tonight, so I guess this will have to be called lunch, since all I had at noon was a big piece of cheddar cheese and some Ritz crackers.

Hmmm, what's for dinner....

I fixed one of my favorite casseroles, taco lasagna, with a side of homegrown sweet corn simply heated with s&p and butter, and whole wheat dinner rolls

I have got to hear about taco lasagna....
Got a recipe or pic on here somewhere, Beth?

If not. Could you? :)

i cooked tacos fer us. yum. taco casserole sounds delish. i was considering taco baked taters.

taco lasagna was a contest winning recipe in the magazine Quick Cooking several years back, and kept coming up in editorials as families favorite recipe. I have modified it somewhat but here goes.

1 pound ground meat
1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup water
1 envelope taco seasoning ( I make my own and use 1/4 cup)
1 15 oz. can black beans drained
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes UNdrained (I use home canned chili sauce)
1 16 oz. can refried beans
6 tortillas 8 inch
3 cups shredded cheese

cook meat, pepper and onion over med heat. Add water and taco seasoning, bring to boil and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes (chili sauce) and the can of refried beans. Simmer 10 minutes. I find I use most of the 10 minutes breaking up and incorporating the refried beans.
Oil a 9x13 baking dish, layer two tortillas, 1/2 bean/meat mixture and 1 cup cheese. Two more tortillas, rest of sauce and 1 cup cheese. Final 2 tortillas and 1 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 350*F for 30 minutes.

Very tasty..

Back
Top Bottom