Dinner, Sat. March 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have chili in the slow cooker and it smells really good in the house!

Not sure what mum is making me tonight. But im cooking my own lunch, having noodles with meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce!

I`m going to be making Burgers again, but this time with the Liquid Smoke that StirBlue sent me :)

I don't know what we're going to have. Our preacher is leaving our church & we are having a dinner for he & his family tomorrow so I'll be busy cooking for that. Problem is, I have no idea what I'm going to cook for that either!!

O.K. I've decided !! Just browned 6lbs. of semi bnls. pork shoulder ribs on grill outside (28 deg.) brrr, then I put them in the crockpot w/ s&p, garlic powder and onions. Will be making cole slaw and Baked Beans, for dessert a choc. pecan pie !

I'm doing fish and chips. I have a couple pounds of tilapia thawing and I need to go into town to get malt vinegar. I haven't had fish and chips in a long time!

DampCharcoal said:
I'm doing fish and chips. I have a couple pounds of tilapia thawing and I need to go into town to get malt vinegar. I haven't had fish and chips in a long time!
That sounds so good I haven't had that in ages !!!

I picked up shrimp tempura, udon noodle soup, spicey salad, chicken pad thai and beef pad thai noodle dishes. To that, I will add some veggie egg rolls, chicken-filled dumplings/won tons, fried rice. If I have time, make a beef/broc/onion stir-fry. Want to try out Knorr's Thai Sesame Noodles for any leftovers or a future date. I have some frozen shrimp, but not sure if I will add them in, or save for another dish.

I'm going to surprise my DH with a dish he loves. His mom use to make this for her boys usually at Easter time. I was able to get a veal pocket and that will be our dinner...This is called Cima Genovese, Noni his mom' s parents were from Genoa. So the menu, Cima, some simple pasta with evoo, garlic and pepper flakes, the stuffing for the cima is simply Italian bread without crusts, soaked in some milk, eggs,finely minced shallot,garlic, parmesan, flat leaf parsley chopped, finely chopped prosciutto,pine nuts,salt and pepper and frozen peas..tossed green salad...nothing special for dessert, will make something for tomorrows dinner.
kadesma;)

tonight will be last nights idea.
dh did call but I was too tired to change [and meet up with him on his drive home] at a restaurant so tonight we'll have dinner out. bet it'll be Mexican or barbecue.

last night I made chicken and rice casserole: brown rice, onions, corn, peas, sour cream, cream of chix soup, egg, PD's house seasoning, 2 can of drained white meat chicken, tons of cheddarella shredded over the top and baked...side dish was sliced toms with my San Gimignano really old balsamic vinegar drizzled on top, fresh peach/pear/orange slices. embarrassingly easy to prepare and dh loved it.

I made the NY Times no knead bread a few hours ago for tomorrow's meal. Leary that it will work, but I'm going on faith:angel:

Today I am meeting some friends and we are going out for steak and lobster.
I am really looking forward to it because they are two of my special foods.

Still on the "I have no idea what to make for dinner" list. I have nothing in the fridge, so it has to be take-out, don't have any appetite for any take-out either.

Of course, we could end up having cereal for dinner- Coco Krispies or Golden Grahams.

I had bbq chicken kebabs done in the griller, with a salad plate and two pieces of garlic bread. Nice and simple, just the way I like it. Tonight may be homemade macaroni and cheese (as opposed to that yummy kind in the box that the kids love ;) ) so I have some leftovers to take to work for lunch tomorrow.

Shaz

Buck and I had our monthly "date" day today and ate lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Delicious as usual and we left stuffed because we chose the buffet. Their egg drop soup is to die for and their won ton soup is almost as good. The broth of the won ton soup was so flavorful. They make the best crab rangoon we've ever eaten. And the cashew chicken was 50/50 chicken to cashews. Nice big, whole cashews. Omigod it was yummy.

We're still full so we're going to mix up a packet of Mrs. Grass veg/beef soup and have a piece of leftover baguette. Tomorrow we'll get back to the real world.

Back
Top Bottom