Dinner, Sat. May 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Left over pork stew I made yesterday, still enough there for all of us, LOL. Maybe some corn bread to go with it.

1 1/4" thick Sirloin, corn on the cob..
I steeped the corn first in HOT water, then put on the grill to finish. This is just after I turned the steak and put the corn on the grill.

steak was simply seasoned with pepper steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt, black pepper. The corn was served buttered with sea salt.

Fantastic piece of meat. Tender, full flavor.. one of my favorite cuts.
Corn was surprisingly sweet for this time of year.

Attachments

• P1040364.jpg
    P1040364.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 161
mmmm, steak and corn.
I've gotta try to find me some of that early corn.

man does that sound good. kudos on a new combo for cookies. i bet they do smell good. that is one will try. didn't see cinnamon chips but will look at another store.

I found them by accident! I had decided on trying cookies made with a cherry cake mix and dark chocolate chips. As I was looking for the chocolate chips I saw the cinnamon ones and my brain went..."Hmmm there was a spice cake mix back there..Hmmm" So I got the makings for both.

I'll try the cherry chocolate this week. Oh.. and the spice cookies with cinnamon chips... YUM!!!!

Well the original plan was a roast with baby zucchini and sweet potatoes but I had lunch at a Mexican restaurant which leaves me not very hungry. My husband will have leftover sauce with pasta and I guess I may nibble on the leftover Chinese food. I did get fresh bread today and a lemon cake.

Vera,

Where do you come up with all these great recipes? Are they your own? I pale in comparison.

Sure, I come up with this stuff on my own...but that doesn't mean much. I work in the industry, so I have more exposure, that's all.

I put amaretto in the mashed sweet potatoes. That was a wonderful touch, and they were magnificent, hahaha. I do thank you for the nice compliment.

vb, what do julep cups look like?

it was big brown at almost 5 lengths!!!!! i listened to the race as i raced home tonight.

so dinner will probably be souvlaki, again.

i wished the track was sloppy. i bet on my mother.

Abbott And Costello Mudder And Fodder - The Old Time Radio Source

Julep cups are traditionally silver. A cheaper version is glass, in a silver holder. You drink a julep in a high ball type glass.

We watched the race, naturally. It was very exciting, but so very tragic, as well. 8 Belles finished second, yet euthanized right there on the track. Heartbreaking.

I love Abbot and Costello

Oh I just gutsed myself stupid!!! At the store that morning, I spied a really lovely looking BBQ pack - too big for me really but, hey that's why the freezer was invented!! It had 2 porterhouse steaks (which were the real drawcard in looks), 4 little lamb rump steaks and 8 beef chipolatas. Thought I would have a steak sandwich at lunch but didn't so decided it would be dinner but not as the sandwich. The little baby lamb rump steaks just called out to have one added to the steak, and then I figured, why not add one little chipolata too. So with all that red meat, was fresh bread, beetroot, tomatoes, tomato jam, Australian mustard, some Coon cheese, baked beans and a fried egg!!! I was soooo full after eating it all (and it was cold by the time I got to the end of the plate!!!), I nearly passed out with the drop in blood pressure!! LOL Teach me to be such a pig!!

Back
Top Bottom