"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Dinner Sat. Nov. 18

Making a big pot of chili and cornbread for the "Big Game", spice cake for dessert! "GO BLUE--------------" FOR BO !!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Yippee!! Me too! Potato Leek Soup, cornbread and apple pie for dessert.

Old 11-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Chicken Marengo - or my version of it.... it's so long since I looked at the recipe, 'my' version just evolves... I remember when my daughter was young she asked 'How come you call THIS Chicken Marengo when it is totally different to the Chicken Marengo we had a few weeks back?'
Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
Master Chef

Ishbel, what's your version like?

It was time to clear some space in the freezer so I have a large package of chicken breasts thawing and am hoping that inspiration comes knocking soon! I haven't cooked much chicken lately but feel so tired of it. I need to search around here and see if I can come up with any different ideas.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Executive Chef

In NYC for the next two and a half days. Tonight I'll go to Becco. I love that place and the food is so wonderful, for tomorrow night, any ideas? help!
Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
Everymom

Its Dine with Us Winter get together Menu tonight. Join right in folks! I have to go get a baguette. Hmmmm...or maybe I will make bread today. Its supposed to be gorgeous outside today so I am going to boot the kids out to go tobogganing and they will be cold and snowy and ready to have soup and bread and get warm and toasty.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
Everymom

PA, melt some butter (1/4 cup), put in a blob of dijon (tbsp), a generous shake of worcestershire sauce, and some minced garlic. Drag your chicken breasts through that and then bread them with bread crumbs and parmesan (mix it 1/2 and 1/2). Put them in a baking dish and sprinkle a little extra breading on them, and drizzle the leftover butter mixture on them. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so and serve with pasta. Mmmmmmmmmmmm! A huge favorite here.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
Senior Cook

We're having homemade bar-be-que chicken pizzas tonight. I have frozen pizza dough and I use bar-b-que sauce instead of marinara, then sliced grilled chicken breast, caramelized bermuda onions and a spicy jalapeno jack shredded cheese for toppings and a green salad on the side.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Its Dine with Us Winter get together Menu tonight. Join right in folks! I have to go get a baguette. Hmmmm...or maybe I will make bread today. Its supposed to be gorgeous outside today so I am going to boot the kids out to go tobogganing and they will be cold and snowy and ready to have soup and bread and get warm and toasty.
You have snow? Good fun for th kids though. I was going to take part in your winter get together menu, but things changed today, starting with the end of our hot water heater So, I opted for something cheap and easy and decided on hamsteak with baked potatoes, and some other veggie. A hot shower later will be nice, assuming all goes well with the installation.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
Everymom

Amber, just do the meal when you can. And think of all your DC buddies while you're at it. And YES we have snow! I posted this back in October and we have had lots more since then! Farmer's Almanac said it would be an early winter, cold and lots of snow. So far, they are right on the money!