Dinner, Sat. Nov. 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Today I am making a big pot of chili and cornbread. May make a blueberry/cake dessert. Will be watching the "Michigan"/Michigan State game. Go Blue !!!

i'm either going to make the chicken and sausage in orange lentils tonight, or possibly eggplant rolatinis.

also, i have to get around to using up the last 4 bags of tomatoes and peppers.

man, it was a great year in the garden.

Today's our monthly "Date Day," so we'll probably forage in the freezer/refrigerator for tonight's dinner. We're going to have a late, probably large, lunch today. We won't be too hungry when dinnertime rolls around.

We haven't decided where we're going to eat lunch yet. We have too many wonderful choices.

pressure-cooker shredded pork over bread with creamgravy. haricots. strawberries & baby kiwis with whipping cream/vanilla dip.

Today I am making a big pot of chili and cornbread. May make a blueberry/cake dessert. Will be watching the "Michigan"/Michigan State game. Go Blue !!!
now listen,you really do have to move closer to me, you know I'm in no position to travel, so you come here and, uh, oh, bring dinner too:LOL:

doing simple today, had dialysis so put on a pot of my dad's beans, pintos with beef broth, bacon, onions,garlic, tomato sauce, worcestershire, a little brown sugar and some adobo sauce and they are simmering away..Will have some nice warm crusty french bread, a green salad and if I feel up to it a chocolate pie.
kadesma

It is rainy, windy and cold here. Making some pasta and lentils with crusty bread and coconut pie. Just going to hang around by the fire and watch movies.

its a rainy day here... woke up late and had some BFD (breakfast for dinner). Eggs benedict... a personal favorite with some home fries.

img_503637_0_a138d66856a9a95a39f4cafcda81d1f1.jpg

A friend is in town for a short time, so we're going out to a local steakhouse for dinner. I was looking at their menu online and might just have a few appetizers and salads :)

doing simple today, had dialysis so put on a pot of my dad's beans, pintos with beef broth, bacon, onions,garlic, tomato sauce, worcestershire, a little brown sugar and some adobo sauce and they are simmering away..Will have some nice warm crusty french bread, a green salad and if I feel up to it a chocolate pie.
kadesma

Geez, you do better than I ever managed to on dialysis!!!

Tonight I dredged a package of thin turkey cutlet "scallops" in seasoned flour (flour, McCormack's Montreal Grill Seasoning, & cayenne pepper) & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil. Topped them with a couple of tablespoons of microwaved "Marie's Creamy Feta Cheese" salad dressing & served them with a medley of buttered fresh vegetables (asparagus, baby turnip, & carrot - all cut into little "logs").

Geez, you do better than I ever managed to on dialysis!!!
Oh I don't know about that :) but thank you.I am really confused about how I am supposed to feel..I never felt tired,weak, ill, so when this just up and cut me down last month, i was completely surprised as were my family..So, now that the surprise has worn off, I just do what I have always done, a little slower to keep everyone happy, and dig in my heels and be the stubborn gal I've always been..Life is short, kick the bad stuff to the curb and pig out on the good..Always blessings never losses...
kadesma

Tonight I talked my DH into going to a spaghetti dinner with me that was a fundraiser for the Southeastern Virginia Society for the Deaf. Two of my instructors were on the committee and I get extra points for going. The spaghetti with meatballs was good for such and event. The best thing was the raffle they held. 1st prize was $100 and guess what?! I won! We had to leave before the drawing sice doggie was home all day alone but I left my tickets with my friend and she called me all excited! WOW! I don't usually win things like that!

Nothing special going on this day, eventually decided on wild rice stuffed cornish hens, spaghetti squash with light seasoning. Got a pork loin roast (Not sure what it is, I threw it in the freezer without labeling it!!!) for tomorrow!

Oh I don't know about that :) but thank you.I am really confused about how I am supposed to feel..I never felt tired,weak, ill, so when this just up and cut me down last month, i was completely surprised as were my family..So, now that the surprise has worn off, I just do what I have always done, a little slower to keep everyone happy, and dig in my heels and be the stubborn gal I've always been..Life is short, kick the bad stuff to the curb and pig out on the good..Always blessings never losses...
kadesma
It was a while ago that I did haemo but Sundays used to be my killer as I would get home during the heat of the day in summer and in any case, didn't really have much energy to get straight into lunch. Tuesdays and Thurdays I didn't get home before 7:30pm as a rule, so whatever was quick and easy. I used to got to dialysis directly after work, so it was quite a tiring day all up. I think sometimes it's a bit in the mind. If you don't want to feel tired etc, you don't unless the situation is dire. Life's too short to feel sick!

Back
Top Bottom