Dinner Sat. Oct. 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Fried chicken drumsticks, french fries w/gravy (out of potatoes), peas, and fresh bread - cake for dessert! Might make some chocolate chip cookies too--(for son-25yrs.) Going to watch Michigan football, and Detroit Tigers !!!!! Have a grttt day all !! :)

Pizza, with the whole works on my side of it, and just ham/mushroom and chili on my wifes side.

those Fries and Gravy sound good though :)

Looks good, FraidKnot.

I'm thawing a pot roast to put in the crockpot with the usual veggies...and homemade bread. :)

I'm going to make butternut squash ravioli for a first course. After I roast the butternut squash, I'll puree it, keeping some for the pasta dough, as well. The filling will have butternut squash, mascarpone and ricotta cheese. I'll make a butter sage sauce.

I'll make veal chops with mushrooms and roasted beets over a bed of chicory for the main course.

I've got a thousand dollars worth of apples in the basement fridge...I'm planning on making 4 pies this afternoon. One for my son, one for my daughter, one for my boyfriend, and one for my (ex)husband and his girlfriend. I hope someone gives me a slice!

I think the cocktail of the evening is going to be dark & stormys. I believe we've got a syrah for the veal. I have madiera for the apple pie.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

FraidKnot said:
Probably leftovers from the plate I made yesterday:

http://tinyurl.com/yleysv

Grilled lamb steak and buttercup squash. I can only eat half of that but it's hard to cook for one :)

Fraidy

That buttercup squash looks wonderful! That was a nice dollop of butter in the one on the left, was it not???:rolleyes: I don't think I've ever seen a buttercup squash. How large are they? Do they compare in size with acorn squash?

VeraBlue said:
I'm going to make butternut squash ravioli for a first course. After I roast the butternut squash, I'll puree it, keeping some for the pasta dough, as well. The filling will have butternut squash, mascarpone and ricotta cheese. I'll make a butter sage sauce.

This sounds wonderful! Butternut squash ravioli is one of my fall favorites.

We're just doing homemade pizza tonight. Our favorite pizza place just changed owners and it's absolutely awful now!:( So it's up to me now!

I'm still searching for inspiration. I bought a beautiful boneless pork loin yesterday for $1.79 a lb, so it's going to be something pork.

Last edited:
Pds, if I bring the hot fudge can I join you?

I pulled some boneless skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer this morning. I'm thinking about cutting them into bite sized pieces, dipping them in a beer batter & frying them. If I do that then we'll have beer battered onion rings too. I'm craving crunchy fried foods today! If I don't do that, I'll pound the chicken thin, coat in dry bread crumbs, & pan fry them. If I go that route, we'll have rice, gravy, biscuits, & sweet peas.

we're going to a bonfire, so it will be sausages/hot dogs cooked on a stick over a fire, I'm taking potato salad (made from suggestions on a salad thread a while back, got the warm potatoes in the oil/vinegar) various pot luckie dishes, SMORES, hot chocolate, cider and wine, can't wait!!!! As usual, I will skip the hayride, the driver scares the stuffings out of me.

I always go out to eat on the weekends so my girlfriend and I are trying a new restaurant that has prime rib and steaks.

I hope everyone's dinnere are great - enjoy.

I was starving since I skipped lunch today, so dinner was just a short time ago. I made salmon with a dill sauce, baked potatoe with sour cream, and a salad. It was delicious!

Made some homemade french fries tossed with a blend of chile powders, served w/classic aioli, and a nice green salad with a simple vinaigrette. Spinach is finally back on the shelves here, so I grabbed some mixed baby greens, boston lettuce, and a sack of baby spinach.

I'm ready to pass out for the night. Gonna' go flying tomorrow if it's nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom