Dinner Sat. Sept. 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i REALLY want korean bbq, so i may have to pull out the old trick of asking my wife what she wants, then mumbling {{korean bbq}}.

when she says, "korean bbq?", i'll say, "ok honey, what ever you want. let's go before it gets too busy"... :)

it used to work for sushi.

I have steak marinating in the fridg.
potatoes and
veggies to go with.

Well tonight we'll be going to one of the few DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATRES left in the country - this one in Stephens City, VA.

Summer isn't complete for my husband unless we get there at least once each season, so tonight's the night. That said, we'll be picking up Quiznos subs, & bringing along a cooler with soft drinks, fruit, & other snacks to enjoy on what is promising to be a gorgeous evening - clear skies & temps in the mid to high 50's. Not to mention it'll be super-fun since we'll be taking husband's convertible, so we can enjoy the movie with the top down.

Can't wait!!!

PDS, I'm glad you're having that for dinner because it reminded me I need to get a steak out of the freezer for tomorrow's dinner!:LOL:

Tonight we're having homemade veggie pizza--spinach and broccoli on Sofie's and my half and mushrooms and peppers on DH's.

Time to irrigate, so quick and easy;) A tomatoe tart with brown sugar,cinnamon,butter and a little flour plus, a green salad and some pepper,butter, white wine shrimp some crusty rolls and that's it..No dessert unless ice cream counts:LOL:

kadesma

I'm marinatng ribeyes in a garlicky balsamic sauce to grill later. We'll also have roasted red potatoes and a caesar salad. I may make a coconut cake for desser but we are supposed to stain the deck today so this may not allow much time for baking.

DH is going out with the guys to a ballgame tonight, so I'll probably have a garden salad and whatever's left over in the fridge. Actually, there's some enchilada casserole left from last weekend that smells and looks good so I'll have some of that. I'm going to make some pesto, too, so maybe a few bruschetta with pesto, tomatoes, goat cheese and Parmesan.

It's beautiful out here today!!! Low humidity, plenty of sunshine, and the house to ourselves!!

Mint juleps from a recipe from the Ritz-Carlton, in New Orleans

Sea bass fillet with roasted garlic/breadcrumb/romano crust, grilled outside.
Served over polenta with grilled mushrooms and skewered baby beets.

Barolo wine

Brandied peaches (picked today) with vanilla ice cream

Back
Top Bottom