Dinner Saturday, 10-5-2013 ~ What's the plan Stan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, Andy, your Sox are beating the you know what out of my Rays. Hope they do better at home. Fingers crossed....

That's one of us. :LOL:

Our daughter in Florida has tickets for Tuesday's game #4. With a little bit of luck, there won't be a game #4 and she'll have to get a refund.

Saturday's dinner was Chicken Fricassee with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and fresh sweet corn. My mom was never really much of a cook but her "Sunday chicken", as she called it, was pretty good. Over the years I've made changes to the recipe. I replaced the Campbell's soup she used with a roux based gravy and no more canned mushrooms, either.

Made crock pot Hungarian goulash, served over homemade csipetke, and red cabbage on the side. Sounds good. It was a big disappointment. I blame the meat. Well, the csipetkes were bland and uninteresting. Can't blame that on the meat.:LOL:

Well, we have plenty of leftovers. It will make an acceptable meal when all we want to do is microwave something. :rolleyes:

20131005_211403.jpg

That's a shame, TL. I think the flavor of the csipetke probably suffered from boiling for so long.

That's a shame, TL. I think the flavor of the csipetke probably suffered from boiling for so long.
I think I'll try spaetzle next time. Yeah, it may have suffered taste wise from the long boil, but the texture was fine. I kept pulling one out and cutting it. I could see uncooked flour inside, so I kept boiling it. Yes, I did let the dough rest before shaping and boiling it. I think it would have worked better if they had been smaller, but they weren't very big.

Back
Top Bottom