Dinner Saturday 10th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a relly good dinner tonight, and I'm not into salads, but I had a Thai squid salad that was at least as good as I ever had in any Thai restaurant, and I added a twist of my own.

If you have never cleaned squid then good luck to you, I'd rather clean shrimp, or even better, trout. (A couple gill slashes, slit 'em down the belly, then rip their guts out. Ready for the bacon and lemon!!! (And a bit of flour maybe...)

The squiddies are not much fun to clean. It took me a half hour to clean a pound. I'm glad I cleaned that much though, because just now after dinner I'm not hungry.

General Thai squid salad recipe: okay squid, granted, you can't make a squid salad without squid.

My twist was that I hard fried an egg (the edges have to be crackly) and then I sliced into threads, and threw that in. I've seen this added into pad krapow moo to good effect, and it was good in my dinner tonight.

It totally worked!!! :)

Last edited:
I had lobster for my birthday dinner. It was okay, maybe a little tough and the drawn butter was not melted when it arrived at the table.....and really??? 3 green beans constitutes a vegetable??? ;-). Oh we'll all in all it was pretty good and since I mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, she brought me a lava cake for dessert it was yummy! ;-). DH had the special which was a BBQ RIBA and chicken platter, he said it was very good and there was plenty.

image-534319441.jpg we started with the much touted Calamari, we quite enjoyed it as it was not rubbery as improperly cooked Calamari can be.

image-4192625596.jpg

DH's dinner

image-2765320174.jpg

My lobster and grayish garlic mashed. With 3 (count em') green beans

image-2725057207.jpg

Yummy lava cake

Attachments

• image-3579155443.jpg
    image-3579155443.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3451678735.jpg
    image-3451678735.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3250127710.jpg
    image-3250127710.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image-511317059.jpg
    image-511317059.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
We had our close friends over for dinner tonight. I made Kadesma's Chicken Thighs, steamed veggies and rice pilaf.

I was hoping to make an appetizer of coconut prawns but ran out of time so through together a cocktail sauce and "poached" the prawns in evoo and garlic before shocking then in ice water and draining them. They and the sauce were a huge hit without the work of the coconut crust!

What a coincidence. We watched Flight of the Phoenix too. The original w/James Stewart. Earlier we watched the original King Kong w/Faye Wray. Not much of a day for getting any chores done. hehe
Next time I make fries I'm starting them out in the cold oil. :)

Yes, that's a classic :)
I haven't seen the original in a few years.

Somebun, that's a nice platter of food your husband has there.
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

I spatchcocked a chicken and grill roasted it on the egg. Bourbon glazed carrots and broccoli for sides. I also did some chicken breasts on the weber for some green chili enchiladas during the week. Today I'll make the chili sauce.

pacanis said:
Somebun, that's a nice platter of food your husband has there.
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Pac, I almost forgot to take pictures and then I couldn't seem to edit out the doubles in the post and I was to tired to fight it anymore. Yes, hubs dinner looked very good, I had a taste, it was yummy. Wish I could say the same for mine :( but the wine was good and the free lava cake was excellent ;)

Thanks Pac, I almost forgot to take pictures and then I couldn't seem to edit out the doubles in the post and I was to tired to fight it anymore. Yes, hubs dinner looked very good, I had a taste, it was yummy. Wish I could say the same for mine :( but the wine was good and the free lava cake was excellent ;)

sorry bunny, you deserved better than that--especially on your birthday! next time will be better.:) it helps that you have a positive attitude about life's disappointments, sb, and as you like to say, "...drink more wine". the b-day lava cake was a nice touch, too.

I had lobster for my birthday dinner. It was okay, maybe a little tough and the drawn butter was not melted when it arrived at the table.....and really??? 3 green beans constitutes a vegetable??? ;-). Oh we'll all in all it was pretty good and since I mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, she brought me a lava cake for dessert it was yummy! ;-). DH had the special which was a BBQ RIBA and chicken platter, he said it was very good and there was plenty.

Sorry to hear your dinner was no good. tis the year for bad birthday food :LOL:
Hubby took me out for my birthday too and I got rubber band calamari and food poisoning :ermm:

At least the wine was good and the company :)

SB, what a fabulous looking dinner, sorry to hear about your lobster being overcooked though!

Sounds like a good night out though :)

View attachment 16281 we started with the much touted Calamari, we quite enjoyed it as it was not rubbery as improperly cooked Calamari can be.

View attachment 16286

DH's dinner

View attachment 16287

My lobster and grayish garlic mashed. With 3 (count em') green beans

View attachment 16288

Yummy lava cake

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom