Dinner Saturday 10th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some portabello mushrooms, lump crab, shallots and a whole bunch of other stuff so we'll have crab stuffed mushrooms and a Caesar salad for dinner.

I'm roasting a chicken and some butternut squash tonight. I may add some rice or mashed potato and make gravy as well. Haven't decided yet.

Your salmon sounds wonderful Kylie. I have not had salmon in the longest time, but I think I will put it on my grocery list for next week. Tonight I have four 9 year old boys sleeping over (God help us all!), so dinner will be homemade individual pizzas- I'll let them each make their own and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Thank you Deb :)

I will PM you the recipe if you like :)

Your dinner sounds lovely, hope the night goes as smoothly as possible for you ;)

Three good burger recipes today-- Pac's cheeseburger casserole, Chef Maloney's Missile burgers and Love's 2 Q's cheese and jalapeno stuffed burgers. Outstanding and worth making each.

As for me, I made baked mac and cheese and a salad with red wine / garlic/ dijon dressing and a few sliced veggies mixed in the lettuce. I also made another ginger bread cake today. It's still cooling on the rack.

I was exeriminting in the kitchen tonight.

Attempted oven fries. Not as crispy as I want but good.

Happy with the final result of my low calorie ans almost fat free brown gravy.

Also pan seared some filted chicken breats.

Well, time crept up on me (read, watching Flight of the Phoenix), so I decided to make tomorrow's dinner tonight, Big Mac's (ala my PPPC from last year) and fries. I cut the fries MacDonald's thin and started them off in COLD oil and they were oh so crispy :) I mixed up a litttle fry sauce to dunk them in.

Well, time crept up on me (read, watching Flight of the Phoenix), so I decided to make tomorrow's dinner tonight, Big Mac's (ala my PPPC from last year) and fries. I cut the fries MacDonald's thin and started them off in COLD oil and they were oh so crispy :) I mixed up a litttle fry sauce to dunk them in.

What a coincidence. We watched Flight of the Phoenix too. The original w/James Stewart. Earlier we watched the original King Kong w/Faye Wray. Not much of a day for getting any chores done. hehe
Next time I make fries I'm starting them out in the cold oil. :)

Back
Top Bottom