Dinner Saturday, 11-10-2018 ~ RIP Edmund Fitzgerald

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife brought home a ceramic Moroccan tangine from vacationing in Spain this week and I'm anxious to try it out tonight. I'm going to start off easy doing just vegis tonight and see how that turns out.

Moroccan ground beef kebabs, raita, charmoula vinaigrette, curried cuscous, and homemade pita that had been in fridge for 5-6 days. I'm aging the dough from now on.

Attachments

• 2018-11-10 18.11.51.jpg
    2018-11-10 18.11.51.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 139
My wife brought home a ceramic Moroccan tangine from vacationing in Spain this week and I'm anxious to try it out tonight. I'm going to start off easy doing just vegis tonight and see how that turns out.

Make sure it's a cooking tagine and not just a serving tagine. The extremely decorated and pretty ones tend to be just serving tagines. It will cracklings and break if it's a serving tagine and is used for cooking.

Love Gordon Lightfoot.
I made a vat of chili, more than enough to share and to freeze.

Winds died a bit, so I could grill dinner, even though we're in the upper 30's. I've had the gas Weber blow out before on windy nights. Marinated steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, nuked broc.

It is finally cold enough for chili, so I made a modest pot (not a vat). Since I usually burn my tongue on the first bite of chili, I had time to snap a picture -- and the temperature was just right to eat. :LOL:

CD

Attachments

• Chili001.jpg
    Chili001.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 140
Tonight's dinner was grilled kielbasa, tater-tot crowns and tossed salad.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_53a3.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_53a3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 150
I did make my Spam gumbo last night, but was too tired and crabby and sick to eat it. So I had some tonight with a pillsbury biscuit. It was a bit spicy, due to my usually heavy hand with spices, and I didn’t have the patience to cook the roux to a really dark brown, but all in all, it was quite good!

His Nibs (Mark) is going to have a hot dog, although I don’t know when.

Now for my dessert. An Almond Joy milkshake. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, amaretto simple syrup, and some coconut extract. I’ve been looking forward to it all day!

Chilly Gaelic bread here then a chicken Thai salad. Lettuce basil,and cilantro from wife's garden. Went down well. None left so everyone was happy.

Russ

Inspired by msmofet a few days ago, I, finally, made meatloaf, served with asparagus, mashed and gravy..

Comfort food on a cold, cold night..

Had a slice of chocolate cake for dessert..

Ross

Attachments

• Meatloaf Dinner.jpg
    Meatloaf Dinner.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 236
Took the family out for dinner last night in Ottawa..an old traditional bar/restaurant...food was decent..square meal, square deal..it was just nice to have everybody together..now..today is for the couch..maybe a trip to the grocery store with a stop at the beer store..priorities, ya know..

Me and some guys from church took a load of supplies down to Mexico Beach FL to the hurricane victims. It is horrible down there please keep them in your prayers. Stopped by a local place in Dothan AL called Hunts Seafood. Hunts Resturant | Seafood Hunts Resturant Oyster Bar WOW! you have to sop by there if you are anywhere around Dothan, or just in Alabama. Fresh Grouper and some fresh raw oysters. A great meal.

You're welcome. I didn't know either until I started researching to buy one.

My wife was told that they were ok to be put inside an oven. The bottom of the pot is the only part that is unglazed. I'm not so sure now. She only paid 15 Euros for it so she told me to go ahead and cook something in it on the stove top over very low heat.

My wife was told that they were ok to be put inside an oven. The bottom of the pot is the only part that is unglazed. I'm not so sure now. She only paid 15 Euros for it so she told me to go ahead and cook something in it on the stove top over very low heat.

They do have heat diffusers made to use with tagines on stovetops. They weren't expensive if I remember correctly, maybe $10-15 at most.

We had another neighborhood potluck party last night. I roasted diced chicken, bell peppers and onions tossed with a honey-mustard sauce I made with homemade grainy mustard, backyard honey, white wine vinegar and Penzeys Mural of Flavor seasoning. It was pretty good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom