Dinner Saturday 11/24/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I had half a turkey sandwich and a bowl of turkey soup for dinner.

I'm cooking for the family tonight. I am making a shrimp and pasta dish that they all like.

CD

I baked some more pumpkin pie guts and made some more cranberry orange relish, so that, as I forgot to thaw the still-solid ziplock of chili.

We are eating last nights barely touched cube steak dinner.. We had eaten so much crab dip and salami and cheese that we could not eat much last night.. :ermm:

Ross

We had a complete repeat of Tday dinner last night, so it's time for fancy cow tonight.

Pan fried bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, loaded baked potatoes and spinach salad.:wub::yum:

Nearly turkey dinner repeat. Fried potato cakes w/ gravy, turkey w/ gravy, a tiny spoonful stuffing w/ gravy, Everything goes better w/ gravy. A tiny spoon green bean and mushroom casserole, not quite the same as The Green Bean casserole, pretty good. I doctored up cranberry sauce today w/ grated ginger. Dx had canned cranberry jelly. There's quite a few jars of open pickles to choose, I had one. Pickle. And to wind it up, a small slice pecan pie w/ ice cream.

Local supermarket had filet mignon on sale for $8 / lb. Steak on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, nuked broc. I picked up a few filets for the freezer.

I'm cooking for the family tonight. I am making a shrimp and pasta dish that they all like.

CD

My dad bought the shrimp. It was Argentinian wild-caught shrimp, and they were HUGE!!! I've never seen shrimp that big before.

I bought everything else, and accidentally bought Thai Basil instead of Italian Basil. It worked, but the flavor is very different.

It was a good meal. It is one of the dishes I just make from instinct and memory. I've never bothered to write down a recipe.

CD

SO and I are both feeling a bit under the weather so I just made myself a tuna sandwich and SO is eating goldfish (crackers).

Rib eyes...

Attachments

• 46515895_325609034886855_8071796175566536704_n.jpg
    46515895_325609034886855_8071796175566536704_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 134
Nice steaks, Roch. I wish I could sear steak on top the stove, but each time it sets the smoke detectors to screaming.

SO and I are both feeling a bit under the weather so I just made myself a tuna sandwich and SO is eating goldfish (crackers).
Sorry to see this, Andy. I hope you two feel better soon. FWIW, red wine goes pretty good with cheddar Goldfish...

I made a pot of chili. Cheater chili, since I use Bush's Texas chili beans. I added some ground chipotle pepper tonight - so good and smoky. :yum:

Sorry to hear this. Hope it wasn't the Turkey from TG - a common problem from turkey (or whatever) left out for hours on holidays.

It was sort of a soup day here. Though it got warmer, it was dark and dismal all afternoon, plus, I had some mushrooms I had to use up, and mushrooms and barley just go together. Besides the mirepoix and some broth, I added some soaked and washed dried boletus mushrooms - something that I ad to many of my mushroom dishes - and I used some of that Syrian oregano, instead of the thyme, since I had to trim that plant in the hydro. I added about 2/3c brown lentils at the beginning (only because I had a jar with that left in it, and I wanted to empty it, and get it off of the shelf!). I cooked all of that and the barley 4 hours in the Instant pot, on slow cooker mode, adding the browned mushrooms toward the end. It was a little thin, despite the lentils disintegrating, so I added some barley flour, which thickened it up well. A generous amount of black pepper, added at the end, was the only heat in it, which is unusual for me!
Mushroom Barley soup by pepperhead212, on Flickr

My dad bought the shrimp. It was Argentinian wild-caught shrimp, and they were HUGE!!! I've never seen shrimp that big before.

I bought everything else, and accidentally bought Thai Basil instead of Italian Basil. It worked, but the flavor is very different.

It was a good meal. It is one of the dishes I just make from instinct and memory. I've never bothered to write down a recipe.

CD

Were they Royal Reds?

Last night, we used up some of the leftover smoked turkey in smoked turkey soup with wild rice, carrots, onions, green onions, garlic, fresh thyme and rosemary. It also has a bit of sherry added in at the end. It's a longstanding fave to use up smoked turkey.
Last night, we used up some of the leftover smoked turkey in smoked turkey soup with wild rice, carrots, onions, green onions, garlic, fresh thyme and rosemary. It also has a bit of sherry added in at the end. It's a longstanding fave to use up smoked turkey.

Were they Royal Reds?

I have no idea. They were pink like other Argentinean shrimp, and they were wild caught and huge, that's all I know. They had a pretty strong flavor. Not offensively strong, but stronger than the average gulf shrimps.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom