"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner Saturday, 11/6

i have a strip steak & veggies that i could cook; though i may make that sunday~
your food~

Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Everymom

Still too early for my brain. Something with ground beef as that is what is thawed at the moment; perhaps Ol Blue's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Another new recipe. Peaches n Cream Pork Chops. I used to work at a restaurant that had it on the menu and it was to die for. I hope I do a decent job replicating it. It calls for some white wine in the peach sauce though... can I sub something for that? Planning to serve it with baked sweet potatoes.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Master Chef

I am shooting for Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice (maybe fried rice). I have high hopes as of now. LOL Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Executive Chef

I had a late night request for pizza, thus precluding any chance at a no-knead pizza crust. So the bread machine went to work this morning and by 10:00 am I was pulling the first of two pizzas out of the oven; made with home canned pizza sauce, sauteed onions and green peppers, some goat ricotta that had been aimlessly roaming about the frig, some parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and topped with a generous amount of chopped honey baked ham. My MIL sent along a ham with dh's brother who is visiting for the weekend.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
Another new recipe. Peaches n Cream Pork Chops. I used to work at a restaurant that had it on the menu and it was to die for. I hope I do a decent job replicating it. It calls for some white wine in the peach sauce though... can I sub something for that? Planning to serve it with baked sweet potatoes.
I was taught that you can almost always substitute chicken stock for white wine. Depending on the dish, I might substitute red wine or beer.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I was taught that you can almost always substitute chicken stock for white wine. Depending on the dish, I might substitute red wine or beer.
In this recipe I would sub with water. But that is just me.
Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buttermilk Biscuits and probably Brussels Sprouts. Buttermilk Spice cake with Egg nogg Ice Cream.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

something with chicken or maybe tacos. still need to use the fresh salsa i bought.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
something with chicken or maybe tacos. still need to use the fresh salsa i bought.
Do you happen to have a small squash? Zuck or Yellow? You could steam that add salsa and a little corn. It makes a nice veggie side dish. And cook the Chicken of course.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Senior Cook

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-saturday-11-6-a-68067.html#post93421

Baked chicken with root veg and homegrown potatoes.