Dinner, Saturday 12 April 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilby

Executive Chef
All my cooking plans for the afternoon went out the window after I logged on to DC!:ohmy: So tonight's meal became instead corn on the cob wrapped in bacon with garlic butter mushrooms, a baked potato in its jacket topped with butter and cheese, with a good blob or two of tomato jam on the side. I am typing this one handed while I eat my dessert - a small serve of lemon sorbet.

What will you be having?

see if you can Guess, I`ll give you a Hint, it`s Saturday, it begins with PI and ends in ZZA.

We have a reservation at the same restaurant where I ate Wednesday with some friends. They're celebrating 10 years in business by offering 10 entrees for $10 each - can't beat that :)

see if you can Guess, I`ll give you a Hint, it`s Saturday, it begins with PI and ends in ZZA.

lol, a PInt of lavaZZA italian coffee?

well, i'm back to this dreaded 16 hour saturday shift. i have leftover pot roast in the office refrigerator for lunch. dinnertime will be spent at home, being soaked with water guns, and being reminded why i do all of this with every hug. food from a diner at midnight.

Paul Prudhomme's recipe: sauteed crayfish in butter and spices, served over rice. Green salad alongside. And a fireman standing by, the crayfish dish is HOT!

Since it's going to be near record-breaking temps today - 95 deg, will prob be up to my neck in the pool & grazing throughout the day. Stopped at my fave bagel/deli shoppe (they make every flavor bagel imaginable & flavored cream cheeses), & picked up some onion & some cheddar bagels, nova scotia lox/salmon. Making up platters to keep in the fridge to make little plates - bagels, cream cheese & chives, lettuce/sliced tomatoes/thinly-sliced red onions, chopped liver, deviled eggs, sliced turkey breast, & avocados, fruit salad, & cold mac salad, pitcher of pink lemonade (with a vodka kick). If I have time, berry tartlettes for later. Later tonight - popcorn and vanilla fudge ice cream. Have a great weekend.

Homemade cheese pizza with fresh oregano from the garden and salad with balsamic vinegrette.

I had 4 REALLY ripe bananas on the counter this morning so I made a banana cake for dessert. Will have that with either ice cream or fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

Leftovers here too. I'm too sleepy to do anything bedsides play dead. :)

The weather here turned out to be a warm surprise. I was prepared for a washout but not complaining. I picked up some steaks to grill along with salad, crusty bread, roasted potatoes. I was going to make crab cakes but may just save that for tomorrow. Strawberries and cream for dessert. And a bottle of red.

Southern Living - we have one day each year when the termites swarm. This was the day. It's almost 6pm and I've already had two glasses of wine, cursing at those nasty insects.

Tonight it's a treat to eat at a neighborhood French cafe. Their food is better and their wine more expensive than what I keep at home.

Good food, good friends, good conversation. I'm looking forward to it!

macaroni & cheese with mixed veggies.
i'm hungry again so i may order food soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom